Yet more projects

lewisjohn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Picked up a couple of projects for my retirement yesterday , one of which was from Mikeyboy ( overland and classics).
Colour scheme is a little marmite on the R90, but after a recomission I’ll probably leave it as it is. The XT500 will get a complete nut and bolt rebuild ,I’ve also today been given a lead locally on a 1986 Honda C90, 1200 miles from new,used for a year and stored under cover in a garage.

Attachments

• ADF88EBB-2573-4DA5-AF86-1835F480B905.jpg
    ADF88EBB-2573-4DA5-AF86-1835F480B905.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 547
  • 7C2F706A-5FC5-4C13-8610-CD49948DFEE1.jpg
    7C2F706A-5FC5-4C13-8610-CD49948DFEE1.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 530
Two great bikes and very different in their own way, good luck with the refurbishment and don’t forget we like photos 👍

The Yam looks ready to ride so why mess with it?

I don’t mean that in a bad way, it’s just that it really does look ready to go and I wouldn’t be able to resist the temptation.

The Yam looks ready to ride so why mess with it?

I don’t mean that in a bad way, it’s just that it really does look ready to go and I wouldn’t be able to resist the temptation.

I was thinking exactly that. Cant tell from the photos how good or bad the bikes really are, but my initial thoughts were to leave the XT alone and instead do the BMW.

The XT has been off the road since 2006, so I’ll give it a good service and use it as it is I think.
The BMW is one of those oily rag bikes, it looks like it’s been stored properly,and the colour is really growing on me ,the paint job looks a good one ,I’m even starting to like the seat. it’s a bike to use on classic bike club runs I think

As a fellow R90 owner I feel duty bound to tell you that the seat cover has to go ! :)

The paintjob is a Marmite one (and not to my taste) but certainly wouldn't stand out so much were it not for the dreadfulness of the seat!

As a fellow R90 owner I feel duty bound to tell you that the seat cover has to go ! :)

The paintjob is a Marmite one (and not to my taste) but certainly wouldn't stand out so much were it not for the dreadfulness of the seat!

Luckily I had a spare black seat with the bike,I did wonder what drugs the original owner was on when had the paintwork done and the seat covered������

Back
Top Bottom