Pannier protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have just acquired a R1200rt le, and would like to at least give the panniers some protection with 3M/helicopter tape. I have done searches for ventureshield but couldn't find one just for the panniers.

If anybody knows of a pannier only kit would they let me know.

Even considered buying a roll of 3m tape wide enough to cover the the tops of the panniers. I doubt my efforts to match the curve would be perfect but would give it a go.

Have done a forum search and got some tips but no answer to my question.

Its my 7th BMW but my first RT, my wife likes the heated pillion seat. So it was easy to convince her to change my bike.

I can recommend the kit from NN. I had it on my RT pannier tops and it saved loads of scratches on the top of the panniers.

Fink, I had already checked the chipquard site but double checked after your post. The most current model RT is the 2010 which I assume is the twin cam. No mention of the LC. I have sent them an email and await their reply.

Wobble, I eventually found what you mentioned. Took a bit finding but it was there.

Thanks to Fink and Wobble.

Chipguard

I sent a mail to chipguard asking about pannier only protection. Amazingly I got a reply back after 20 minutes, on a Saturday evening. Thats pretty good service.

Yes they do a pannier only kit which is towards the bottom of the page which I missed. Yes its more expensive than nippy normans but I have been told get the 3M film only.

Its £65 v £29 big difference. Will think it over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom