MOTO GUZZI GRISO

littlemegdog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is my new bike, delivered yesterday and is my pride and joy. Nice to get back to a bike with character! It's only 700 miles and is like new.

If anyone has a rear rack or DB baffles (for the termignoni) for sale, I would be interested.

Attachments

• media.jpg
    media.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,062
nice :thumb2,,, I keep looking at stelvio,s ,, its an itch that may need to be scratched :)

Rack + bits eBay no 122905919439

:thumb2

Hi all,

I managed to take it out yesterday whilst the sun was out - not so good today so she is nice a wrapped up in the garage. The exhaust is now sorted; the dealer has sent me the DB baffles.

I have had two of these bikes previously and have always regretted selling them. This always makes me smile when I go to the garage. :)

I will have to wait for the better weather to give her a good old run.

This is the best one i have seen - at a MG rally in Canada

Attachments

• IMG_2687.jpg
    IMG_2687.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 489
The old two valve Breva 1100 was quite nice. But it seemed to have quite a narrow usable rev range. Rough when revved and snatchy below 2500. Maybe it needed a remap. Poor ground clearance really spoiled it. Clouting the centre stand on a nothing special bend had me needing new underpants. It needed a taller rear shock to make it right.
All fixable but not low cost to get right.

Lovely looking bike :thumby:. I had a black, 2010 Griso which I loved, but it was a little uncomfortable on longer rides, plus it would only do 135 miles max on a tank before running out. I've replaced it with a 1200 Sport, which is different in several ways to the Griso - it has taller gearing overall, and in particular has higher 5th and 6th gears. Bigger tank too, and a bit more wind protection. I had a Termi on the Griso, which sounded awesome. The standard can on the Sport is huge but sounds almost as good as the Termi on the Griso.

Lovely looking bike :thumby:. I had a black, 2010 Griso which I loved, but it was a little uncomfortable on longer rides, plus it would only do 135 miles max on a tank before running out. I've replaced it with a 1200 Sport, which is different in several ways to the Griso - it has taller gearing overall, and in particular has higher 5th and 6th gears. Bigger tank too, and a bit more wind protection. I had a Termi on the Griso, which sounded awesome. The standard can on the Sport is huge but sounds almost as good as the Termi on the Griso.

The primary gearing is lower on the Griso too which is why mine would smoke the rear in the first three gears ~ The Griso is a very un-Guzzi like Guzzi :D

Andres

Check out the for sale section. I've got a very good value Stelvio for sale.

Lovely bike Littlemegdog
yep, I ,ve looked at that closely,, you've done a great job and its a bargain, but having just taken advantage of the deals that were around on the ktm 1290 gt just before Christmas, so will have to wait a while before I can sneak another into the man cave :D

Great bikes spoilt by a very uncomfortable riding position,for me at least .

Agreed.

I had a 1200 Griso.

They look superb. But hopeless for riding over long distances. And i'm talking anything over 50 miles is shite..

fp4b3s.jpg

n3ow9j.jpg

Agreed.

I had a 1200 Griso.

They look superb. But hopeless for riding over long distances.

Pal of mine bought one for annual 2-up hols to Spain/Portugal, eschewing my advice to go for an R1200r.......

Looked great, he bought a load of complementary clothing............... and hated the bike on long tours.

Now bought ...... an R1200r, and loves it.

Back
Top Bottom