Givi Trekker Outback on GSA Rear Rack / SRA5102

essjay

Reaction score
I’m having a bit of bother fitting the small Trekker Outback box onto the SRA5102 plate fitted to a GSA rear rack. For all the world it seems the two black rubber spacers are too tall as the box just wont clip in. Is there some sort of knack to putting it on (apart from having to file down the rubber spacers)?

If I remove the two rubber spacer things it clicks in no bother but it’s a little loose.

I had one of these on my 1150. I always had it so the box had to be pushed down fir the lock to engage. I found anything less meant the box rattled.

If that works - I mean pushing the box down - then you'll fund over time the rubbers will wear, so you'll need to buy new ones. Cheap and easy to find thankfully.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Some silicone grease on the rubber or base of box will sort it.
Also try pushing it one side then the other so it’s not simply shoved.

If the sr5102 is the same as the sr5112 it will come with 2 different depths of rubber cushions (bungs) that fit into the rack for the box to rest on ,the alloy boxes use the thinner ones. Perhaps your rack has the thicker ones fitted that you use with the plastic boxes

You really have to push down on the rear of the pannier to squash the rubber pads.

A smear of vaseline on the pads may allow them to spread a bit easier, as mentioned

I think Bendy's suggestion is actually what used to do. Put silicone grease onto the rubbers. It does eventually wash away/wear away. So it does need re-applying.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

If the sr5102 is the same as the sr5112 it will come with 2 different depths of rubber cushions (bungs) that fit into the rack for the box to rest on ,the alloy boxes use the thinner ones. Perhaps your rack has the thicker ones fitted that you use with the plastic boxes

This. I have this set up on mine.

After spending a couple of hours trying to figure this I discovered the rubbers depth. The SRA5102 only came with 1 set of rubbers and they were mounted. 3 of the rubbers are at least 1mm taller than the 4th so I'm guessing I should at least have received two of each height. I'll try the copper grease tomorrow - had enough of it tonight (cold hands)....

You really have to push down on the rear of the pannier to squash the rubber pads.

A smear of vaseline on the pads may allow them to spread a bit easier, as mentioned

I was just about putting my full weight on the back of the box to clip it in. No joy.

the pads must be over-thick.

I use Givi E360, and it needs a good shove - but yours sounds incorrect

Like he said - my rack came with small bungs and when I got my big trekker box
It came with bigger ones

Mine started to rattle recently because a pad had come unstuck. I didn't have any spare rubber pads so rolled up some anti slip rubber mat and put that between plate and box. No more rattles.

Back
Top Bottom