gs911 says my system is not seeing the exhaust valve.. is this a problem?

beaver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
just put a 911 on my bike and its saying the ECU is saying the exhaust valve is not working right? (2010 twin cam)
I've actualy taken the valve out of the exhaust, but left the actuator so I'd not have faults.. the reason I removed it was the valve was very tight, so may be its damaged the actuator and its not going to its full position?
Does this matter... will it change anything in the ECU / fueling?... anyone know? cheers :)

thought as much... only thing I could think would be it would run lean because it thinks its closed?... I guess the fail safe is the run normal... Thanks :beerjug:

You get a fault on the GS911 if you remove the bowden cables from the flap valve or remove the complete control unit. I think that it senses a lack of motor load and reports a fault.
Best to remove the lot.
Mixture will not be affected as this is controlled by the lambda sensors in closed loop.

Exhaust valve and Bowden cables removed on my twin cam (completely seized valve).
When I run an autoscan I get one fault code - 10313 Exhaust flap servomotor The fault is currently present.
Been like that for 18 months and bike runs fine.

The engine runs lean by default which is why a map or other methods of correcting the mixture make such a big difference in performance.

Ok.. thanks... another question on the 911.. cylinder head temps.. LH and RH are exactly the same and move up and down at exactly the same time.. So I'm thinking it's one sensor and not one on each head?.. Is this correct.. anyone else seen this?
Also lambda's.. Don't quite look lik ethe image in the book.. ie.. nice going up and down.. what I'm seeing is them going up for instance.. and then staying high for a few seconds before going low.. and staying there for say 5 seconds.. in the book they appera to jump up and down with now dwell... also, they are going quite a bit above the rich / lean lines?... is this right?

I think that they had 2 cylinder head temp senders one per cylinder and changed to just one sender around the middle of 2006.
Are you sure you are not looking at the lambda sensor heater circuit data / graph ? . Rather than the control output signal.
The control circuit graph should look fairly erratic peaking at around 800mv and dropping to around 200mv for the lambda output signal.
The sensor should switch just either side of an AFR of 14.7 to 1

No, I'm not sure as the online info is a newer version than what I'm seeing on the laptop... will have a look on the net and see if I can find the older manual... Cheers

Lambda sensor should switch high low about once per second when hot at a high idle , at idle could be 2 to 3 secs, Watching on live data doesn't always give an accurate display as it is a sampled reading.
I use a scope to check them , tbh you would get fault codes if there was anything far wrong with the.

Ok.. thanks... another question on the 911.. cylinder head temps.. LH and RH are exactly the same and move up and down at exactly the same time.. So I'm thinking it's one sensor and not one on each head?.. Is this correct.. anyone else seen this?
Also lambda's.. Don't quite look lik ethe image in the book.. ie.. nice going up and down.. what I'm seeing is them going up for instance.. and then staying high for a few seconds before going low.. and staying there for say 5 seconds.. in the book they appera to jump up and down with now dwell... also, they are going quite a bit above the rich / lean lines?... is this right?

Just think, if you didn't have a 911 you'd have nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom