It’s almost a year now ...

SMcGirr

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It’s almost a year since I had my bike in for service and the fork collars recall was just coming out. Still not had mine done. How many others are in the same boat ? Just not good enough BMW !

:tumbleweed:tumbleweed

You need to have a word with your dealers

I checked last week with mine and they are now in stock. I have a set allocated to my bike. I just need to book it in :green gri

Errrrrr…..

Given the time lapsed, do you believe this recall affects you two ?

Have you done anything since this recall was released?

No…..or yes?

Friday I went in to my branch and asked the same question, they said, have you not had a call this week....nope, we can do it Monday, got it picked up and dropped off today, I suggest you go and ask them.

Yes and yes, it applies and I was told they’d be in touch and then asked again after about 6 months and was told the same.

Rang dealer to book service, done this Saturday 20th,forks done at the same time. Chase them up.

Well not quite a year (July) but I know what you mean:blast

Very badly handled by BMW, but do they care.......................

Had mine inspected back in October and parts have come in this week for me too. Booked in for Thursday.

Mine was inspected in the summer, but the fork stanchions were fine. Allan Jefferies phoned last week to say the collars had arrived, but as the bike's tucked away for winter I told them it'd wait until it has its MoT in March :thumby:

Nope, heard nothing since.

Had mine done last week
Was told 6 months previous not to worry about it they will be fine.
But they came and spoke to me after checking it last week and said
Lucky you came in. They both needed doing both of them were out of spec by more than mms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, same here. Went in for the service and was advise that they have no parts as they were on back order. That was in October, bike now in the garage for the winter. Yes, I am a big softy.

I rang Manchester BMW 2 weeks ago to enquirer about the collars as I had asked when the letters came out end of November. The response was they had them in and had just started ringing round that morning to get bikes done so it was booked in and completed last week.So Id suggest a call may get a better response than here.

Got mine booked in for mid february - hoping weather is OK for the 110 mile ride. That'll be the next time I can get a free weekday without taking leave.

Anyone else think its strange that parts arrive at dealers just at the point dealers are quiet on service work? Maybe intentional by BMW as they can negotiate a cheaper rate with the dealers todo the work at a quieter time of year? Call me sceptical

Anyone else think its strange that parts arrive at dealers just at the point dealers are quiet on service work? Maybe intentional by BMW as they can negotiate a cheaper rate with the dealers todo the work at a quieter time of year? Call me sceptical

Mmmm think you’ve hit on something there . Makes sense in money terms !

Back
Top Bottom