Considering moving to Schuberth and SC10U

redsmartie

Reaction score
Looking for advice.

I am considering a Schubert’s E1 and the SC10 U

I read that in theory the Sena can pair with other systems and the two guys I ride with have the UClear HBC200 as I currently use with my Arai.

I took my UClear to the US last year and my mates out there use the SMH20 but I couldn’t hook up with them. I didn’t have time to research so didn’t spend much time trying to resolve.

Does anyone have experience with this scenario?

Failing that do I convince my regular buddies to ‘upgrade’ to a Sena system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump..

I now have the Scuberth and I've still not made my mind up whether to stick the Uclear system in it or order a SC10U.

Anyone care to share any real world experience?

Bump..

I now have the Scuberth and I've still not made my mind up whether to stick the Uclear system in it or order a SC10U.

I’ve the Sena 10U fitted (same item before rebadging to Schuberth).

It’s neat, mic boom especially.

I’ve had no problems using the Bluetooth connection to a handlebar remote, Nav V, IPhone or my mates 10U.

Bump..

I can't say to Uclear but I have used the universal connection to connect my 10U with a Scala G4. It worked but not as well as G4 to another G4 or Scala Q2. Comms could only be initiated & ended one way 10u to G4, range was also only about 500m. Also number of pairings limited to the one, no multi connection to several other riders.

Not ideal but manageable.

I don't think there is a ideal here. I think I'd get better individual performance with the 10U in respect to fit and performance in the helmet but I think this would be compromised by the use of universal pairing to a UClear (still not sure if we could do a group).

Other than integration with the media player on the Nav5, the Uclear has done a job and a suppose group majority rules the decision. Its just a shame that if I stick with the Uclear I've got that hanging off the side of the helmet.

So, this is the task at hand...

2df77f4cdbbfa9d4f7c80b7d24802c3c.jpg

Could have been worse. It’s further around the back of the helmet due to the way the lining falls since I’m using the removable clip rather than the more permanent 3M sticky mount.
e682a15c1bcee1108d23d12ebd95dd13.jpg

Back
Top Bottom