Chester Motorrad

All change at Chester Motrad

Announced now ... BMW are moving
Halliwell Jones are taking over and relocating
Apparently KTM are replacing BMW at Cheshire Oaks.

That’s interesting, I remember KTM having a shop in Queensferry upto 8/10 years ago. Went in once it was full of bikes and no people!

Wonder how Colwyn Bay KTM will react ?

Service wise I guess we still have two options, ex Motorrad guy on the Wirral ( Motorevive) ? And Williams who I currently use.

That's a bugger!!

It was great when they were at Crewe, then they moved to "The Port", and now they're going!!

Are they just closing down or re-locating?
My nearest is then Manchester, or Wolverhampton (if that one is still even there!)

That's a bugger!!

It was great when they were at Crewe, then they moved to "The Port", and now they're going!!

Are they just closing down or re-locating?
My nearest is then Manchester, or Wolverhampton (if that one is still even there!)

Apparently Halliwell Jones are building a new showroom but I suspect the service work might be at the car Aftersales centre in chester... but I’m only guessing

New Chester Motorrad location

2 Mills crossroads ... next 2 Mini showroom.
They have bought the house next door and cycling cafe.. both will be demolished to build new showroom ... planning permission might be interesting :eek:

Location for anyone interested

Attachments

• CBCEB69B-EE87-4D8B-AE0B-E11D1FD0513B.jpg
    CBCEB69B-EE87-4D8B-AE0B-E11D1FD0513B.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 266
That’s interesting, I remember KTM having a shop in Queensferry upto 8/10 years ago. Went in once it was full of bikes and no people!

Wonder how Colwyn Bay KTM will react ?

Service wise I guess we still have two options, ex Motorrad guy on the Wirral ( Motorevive) ? And Williams who I currently use.

The one in Queensferry was part of Colwyn Bay Motorcycles, perhaps the new one is them moving the KTM franchise out of the sticks ;)

They have bought the house next door and cycling cafe.. both will be demolished to build new showroom ... planning permission might be interesting :eek:
As far as I'm aware of, Halliwell Jones is just a rumour. As an ex Chester Motorrad employee and having talked to friends, even Chester Motorrad don't know who will be taking over the franchise. If anyone at all.

If you have real evidence of HJ then I'd be really interested to see it. PM if required.

Yes, I'm on the Wirral and Marriott's in Birkenhead (where I also work) can professionally look after BMW servicing. But you'll have to go to a main BMW dealer for any warranty work. So Williams I guess.

'Chester KTM' will also still be able to look after your BMW. They won't forget how to do them overnight and they own all the tools on their boards.

However, they might be swamped with KTMs by summer.

Interesting times ahead.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Demolishing the cafe will piss off the peddly bike fraternity. :D

As far as I'm aware of, Halliwell Jones is just a rumour. As an ex Chester Motorrad employee and having talked to friends, even Chester Motorrad don't know who will be taking over the franchise. If anyone at all.

If you have real evidence of HJ then I'd be really interested to see it. PM if required.

Yes, I'm on the Wirral and Marriott's in Birkenhead (where I also work) can professionally look after BMW servicing. But you'll have to go to a main BMW dealer for any warranty work. So Williams I guess.

'Chester KTM' will also still be able to look after your BMW. They won't forget how to do them overnight and they own all the tools on their boards.

However, they might be swamped with KTMs by summer.

Interesting times ahead.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Evening Ted .. I have pm you ... no I don’t have proof in writing but my phone was melting on Friday of the changes.

I’m aware the team at Motorrad were told recently of the changes and they have great plans for the future of the business.

Just negotiating a new bike with Paul

May stall a bit then...

Chester is the only dealer I know up here since we moved to Shropshire last January. I think my next nearest dealer is Wolverhampton? That will be a pain if they go, I like Harry, he did me a good deal on my 1250

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just negotiating a new bike with Paul

May stall a bit then...
I wouldn't. It makes no difference where you buy your bike. Any dealer in the network is obliged to look after your warranty and any reputable workshop can service it to maintain the warranty.

You will probably get a better deal than elsewhere as they no longer have a requirement to kiss BMWs bottom.

Chester is the only dealer I know up here since we moved to Shropshire last January. I think my next nearest dealer is Wolverhampton? That will be a pain if they go, I like Harry, he did me a good deal on my 1250

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chester will have a dealership just not the existing one

Back
Top Bottom