A place to stay between Koblenz and Amsterdam?

47steve

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a place between Koblenz and Amsterdam? We are travelling back to the ferry and rather have a 250 miles plus ride we were hoping to shorten the distance on the way home to the terminal and have an easy run. There will be around 10 of us plus the bikes.

TA Steve

Arnhem maybe? It is is a surprisingly ‘live’ town. Lots of bars and restaurants. The holiday inn hotel is in the city centre and they have an underground locked car park which they allow you to book a space in. Might be worth a look. I stopped there a couple of years back on my way back from the alps for some war history. It’s the scene of operation market garden and the film “a bridge too far”but I was amazed how modern a town it was and what a thriving (but safe feeling) nightlife it has.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have a look at Bad Bentheim on booking.com. just on the German side of the border with lots of small hotels, gasthausen etc. I recommend the Alte Bismarck for a meal and a drink.

Edit: looking at the map, its a bit far north (I was an route from Berlin). I'd go for Arnhem.

I’m stopping in Breda this year. Nice old town centre with an awesome steak restaurant in the square. Distance to the ferry port is short enough to accommodate a short vist to the Kinderdijk windmills and Delft en-route.

Have a day riding in the forests, and overnight in or near Monschau?

The run to the ferry the next day is an easy one, and starts off again - in the good forest roads?

Al

No idea, but it is a very touristy place and picturesque. It is in the middle of a nature reserve-type park. Very popular with bikes en-route to Eifel.

Have a look on Trivago/Google, or do a search on this site in accommodation section?

Al

Hi We did the ride from Rotterdam to Koblenz and its a slog, certainly after zero sleep on the ferry, so your wise to cut it in half. Koblenz is nice if you havent been there before. Suggest the Altes Brauhaus near the church, great pub and spot on hearty food, theres also a brewery where you can eat its on the river a little drive out of town Koblenzer Brauerei-Ausschank. If youre into Military musuems, theres a cracker, its really old fashioned but got lots of stuff in it from all eras, its only about 2 euros, but take your passport for ID. Worth a walk there and a look round. (Wehrtechnische Studiensammlung Koblenz). Enjoy Alistair

Back
Top Bottom