Safari

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
For some reason, and after I downloaded some maps, I seem to have lost my usual way into the internet. I would click the safari tab and then all my favourite sites just come up and now this has all disappeared. I guess I hit the wrong button of this mapping download over wrote it. Now I'm not sure but it might have been firefox.

When I go on safari now I get a very basic page and have to type the pages in. They come up with my remembered etc but as soon as I shut down, they are gone again whereas before, they would reappear if I went onto Safari again.

I'm using a Mac by the way.

Anyone any idea on how I can recover it or can you suggest another programe for saving my favourite searches?

I would love to give you a IT guru type response but unfortunately I cannot. Having experienced something similar awhile back I used my time machine and go back to the last back up.

This may well be of no use if you don't do back ups. Theres plenty tutorials on you tube on how to do this. If you haven't used the time machine you are probably missing out on one of the best features on a your machine.

There may well be some knowledgable IT type along soon with the correct answer. My way is just a work around fix.

Hope you get it sorted.

are you in private mode? did you click on file new private window? this would explain why nothing is remembered? close the window, command and w, and click on file new window, or command and N all should be good

same instructions for using firebox. private mode won't remember favourites or history, and same method to fix.

or if, when you open safari and the page doesn't show your favourites:

go to Safari - preferences - general and click on the options for new window and home page and select favourites.

I think that may be the issue.

Hi

Couple of things to check.

1) Click on the View menu and if 'Show Favourites Bar' is an option, click on it
2) Safari > Preferences > General and make sure both 'new window open with' and 'new tab open with' are set to Favourites.

See screenshots below

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 08.37.20.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 08.37.20.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 08.36.54.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 08.36.54.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 95

Back
Top Bottom