Muc Off and other cleaning stuff

Although tbh looking at my GS now in the garage, washing it every week will not stop it rotting, it is appalling how bad it is after 7 months, and I have looked after it. and always kept in garage, only ever got wet a few times, but it just is damp all the time in a perfectly dry garage.

Had mine for 8 mths, 5K miles, all weathers, including a week long rainy sojourn - the only spot of rusting / deterioration is a rust spot in the swinging arm hub (which may have been self-inflicted damage using an anti pinch pin).

However, I did apply sealant to all metal parts after purchasing the bike, and have usually recharged the acf50.

Jeez dude - Harsh response !!
Tell you what, you may have good a point ! Maybe you have bought a pile of rust!!! BM’s are rubbish.
If I were you I’d sell it. Buy into another brand, join a forum and make similar positive and constructive contributions. :aidan

Harsh response! It was you who said ffs!

Yes I have been on other forums and still am. This appears to be the only forum we’re the ‘old sweats’ are intolerant, rude and condescending to many new people. How about you wind your neck it and have a think about your attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harsh response! It was you who said ffs!

Yes I have been on other forums and still am. This appears to be the only forum we’re the ‘old sweats’ are intolerant, rude and condescending to many new people. How about you wind your neck it and have a think about your attitude.

You’ve assumed I’m old lol :blagblah
Was merely trying to keep on topic pal.

Fine. I accept your apology. Now let’s start again

WTH !! You assumed I’ve apologied as well lol !!! for what ?? trying to keep you on topic so the link doesn’t degenerate into a whinge about it somehow being the fault of the bike.
I demand an apology for -
A you being overly sensestive
B assuming I’m an old sweat ( probably coz I ride a GSA in which case you need to apologise to all GSA riders )
C telling me to wind my neck in and inferring I’m rude.

I’m most offended lol

:aidan:aidan

Oh yeah but still non of the wiser about muc off lol, so when in doubt do not do it my brain tells me, when it works. :beerjug:

But at least you’ve now realised that the assumption is that forum is full of ‘old sweats’ :D

I have used Much-Off for 11 years on all my bikes. My previous bike was a GS TC 2010. I sold it last year with 20,000 miles on it. I rode it every day and washed it every week with Muc-Off. The bike looked Showroom fresh and the first person to view it bought it for my full asking price.
I have spent my life savings on a 2017 GS Rallye and I dare to use Muc-Off on it too. It is 10 months old with 6,000 miles on it and is cleaner than when I collected it from the showroom.

I dilute my Muc-Off 50/50 not because I'm afraid of it but because it still works perfectly well at this dilution and therefore cost half the money.

We are all entitled to our opinions so here is mine....... Those that have had issues with 'aggressive cleaners' may have failed to read the instructions and as a learned Tosser has mention gone for a said wank and left it on too long.

I wash my bikes in sections, rinsing off as I go. My black bits stay black and my shiny bits still are.

My top tip (for those who are interested) is to use Turtle Wax 'Wax it Wet' as you dry off the bike with a micro fibre cloth. It can be used on black plastic, frames, engine etc and leaves a great polished finish.

A picture paints a thousand words so here are a couple of the 'for sale photos' of my Muc-Off drenched, 7 year old daily commuter with 20,000 on the clock....

Attachments

• IMG_1330.jpg
    IMG_1330.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 734
  • IMG_1332.jpg
    IMG_1332.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 717
I have used Much-Off for 11 years on all my bikes. My previous bike was a GS TC 2010. I sold it last year with 20,000 miles on it. I rode it every day and washed it every week with Muc-Off. The bike looked Showroom fresh and the first person to view it bought it for my full asking price.
I have spent my life savings on a 2017 GS Rallye and I dare to use Muc-Off on it too. It is 10 months old with 6,000 miles on it and is cleaner than when I collected it from the showroom.

I dilute my Muc-Off 50/50 not because I'm afraid of it but because it still works perfectly well at this dilution and therefore cost half the money.

We are all entitled to our opinions so here is mine....... Those that have had issues with 'aggressive cleaners' may have failed to read the instructions and as a learned Tosser has mention gone for a said wank and left it on too long.

I wash my bikes in sections, rinsing off as I go. My black bits stay black and my shiny bits still are.

My top tip (for those who are interested) is to use Turtle Wax 'Wax it Wet' as you dry off the bike with a micro fibre cloth. It can be used on black plastic, frames, engine etc and leaves a great polished finish.

A picture paints a thousand words so here are a couple of the 'for sale photos' of my Muc-Off drenched, 7 year old daily commuter with 20,000 on the clock....

Cheers Neil, so its not in pieces and rusty as hell lol.

Exactly how any alkaline cleaner should be used, and a great example of how the longevity of your bike's paint and brightwork is more down to how you look after a bike (including how you use cleaners) than its manufacture (always exceptions of course).

Looking good

Nope you’ve not.
Use SDOC and steer clear of Muc-off.
It’s your choice but I’d never let near any bikes again.

I fully agree. A Honda dealer managed to damage the engine cases on a second hand Fireblade during their preparation of the bike prior to handing it over to me. They replaced the cases free of charge. They put the damage down to letting Muc Off dry in the sun.

That same dealer had previously done to same to my CBR 6 during a routine service, but I didn’t pick it up in time.

You could argue they were not following the product’s instructions, but SDoc is great, so why take the risk?

RDD

I fully agree. A Honda dealer managed to damage the engine cases on a second hand Fireblade during their preparation of the bike prior to handing it over to me. They replaced the cases free of charge. They put the damage down to letting Muc Off dry in the sun.

That same dealer had previously done to same to my CBR 6 during a routine service, but I didn’t pick it up in time.

You could argue they were not following the product’s instructions, but SDoc is great, so why take the risk?

RDD

I cannot disagree with you Reddivedog (although on this forum we are supposed to....) If your worried about using Mic-Off then don't. There are plenty of alternatives out there. I think we just need to be careful about slagging off a product that does not deserve it just because it has been used incorrectly. After all if you handle a knife incorrectly the consequences could be dire :rolleyes:

Anyway off to get my bike dirty for an hour or so before I go to work.

I cannot disagree with you Reddivedog (although on this forum we are supposed to....) If your worried about using Mic-Off then don't. There are plenty of alternatives out there. I think we just need to be careful about slagging off a product that does not deserve it just because it has been used incorrectly. After all if you handle a knife incorrectly the consequences could be dire :rolleyes:

Anyway off to get my bike dirty for an hour or so before I go to work.

Have a good one, just make sure you get on the right color when you are coming home,. RED/Blue :blast

Back
Top Bottom