Here it is, ATAS out in the Wild at last.

Honda Adventure Centre mentioned on facebook they had trialed one of the 2018 models

Sounds like the new engine mods have improved the engine quite dramatically and the suspension is better too. Shame Honda didn’t sort out the screen and the instruments, Andrea didn’t like those much, but the new engine mods with the new traction control in conjunction with the dct, he liked very much.

It’s in two parts, so his next vid will cover Offroad and the screen.

Swung my leg over the local dealers manual AS . Saddle was in default hi and is tall but felt a similar height to my old KTM 950Adventure an early non S. I was on the balls of both feet wearing civvies with my 5Tens trainers which aren’t thick soled. Specs says it’s a similar height to the early S 950 A so maybe a bit narrower on the waist. Waiting on their demos to arrive for a test spin. Didn’t feel particularly heavy lifting of the side stand.

Sat on one this afternoon. The seat was in the low position but it didn't seem as tall as everyone says . Im about 5ft 10 max and have a 30 1/2 inch inseam and could almost flat foot with both feet. WhenI tried to balance the bike with flat feet both of them were just hovering marginally above the floor and I had not problem putting both feet on the floor with slightly raised heels.

I did seem like your legs were forced slightly further apart than on the standard bike. Weight seemed no different but then the tank was empty. I reckon the extra weather protection from the wider tank would be beneficial.

Sat on one this afternoon. The seat was in the low position but it didn't seem as tall as everyone says . Im about 5ft 10 max and have a 30 1/2 inch inseam and could almost flat foot with both feet. WhenI tried to balance the bike with flat feet both of them were just hovering marginally above the floor and I had not problem putting both feet on the floor with slightly raised heels.

I did seem like your legs were forced slightly further apart than on the standard bike. Weight seemed no different but then the tank was empty. I reckon the extra weather protection from the wider tank would be beneficial.
Sat on one at Blade in Stratford on Avon. I’m also five ten but slightly stubbier legs! 30 inch inside leg - couldn’t flat foot it but it wasn’t precarious either. Did feel a fair bit bulkier Than the standard AT which was what I went to test ride. Looks really well in the flesh though and will appeal to a lot of people with its more rugged Styling - bit like standard GS vs GSA. Personally am leaning towards standard as just felt more nimble and the whole reason I sold the GS was to find something with similar qualities but that wasn’t such a bloody great big (although very capable ) lump. Manual only stocks in the UK at the mo apparently though...

Sat on one at Blade in Stratford on Avon. I’m also five ten but slightly stubbier legs! 30 inch inside leg - couldn’t flat foot it but it wasn’t precarious either. Did feel a fair bit bulkier Than the standard AT which was what I went to test ride. Looks really well in the flesh though and will appeal to a lot of people with its more rugged Styling - bit like standard GS vs GSA. Personally am leaning towards standard as just felt more nimble and the whole reason I sold the GS was to find something with similar qualities but that wasn’t such a bloody great big (although very capable ) lump. Manual only stocks in the UK at the mo apparently though...

Did you get to ride the ATAS, only the standard? I think most dealers are waiting on 1st March to register their demo’s.

Just the standard - they’re waiting on new model deliveries and the one ATAS they had in wasn’t available as a demonstrator - though did say if I really wanted he’d sell it now. He was expecting that they would get some more in around Late March / April for new registrations but on standard tricolour he was saying Late April possibly May.

I was in Dobles today, they have a ATAS demo, looking at it sitting on it there are a few things I like, crash bars look more substantial, bash plate has good coverage and is reasonably thick.
Didn't like the white frame completely different shade to the pearl paint tank and looks terrible, sitting on it, it is tall but manageable I've only got little legs 29" inside leg, but weight is low down like original, tank is very wide seems more bulky than a standard one.
prefer my rally red one, so that little visit saved me 5K :D
off topic the new tenere 700 prototype looks V nice :thumb2

This looks nice with the gold Givi crash bars.

Attachments

• 28827505_10155641105689285_8266279827773109758_o.jpg
    28827505_10155641105689285_8266279827773109758_o.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 113
I love the 30th Anniversary scheme (now undecided about the white frame), but like Dazzle I’ve saved myself 5k+ by loving my own AT Tricolour more. :love

Back
Top Bottom