GSA or gs tail bag?

Aleksandar the Great

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to see what sort of tail bag are you guys using on your gs.
I'm currently looking at getting one and can't really decide.
This will be used daily on my commute and needs to be waterproof and hold a minimum of 15 l to 22 l tops.
I would like to have some straps installed under the seat or back of the bike and be able to release it quickly.
Tired of wearing a back pack.
Would be open to suggestions and pictures if possible.
I have attached one of the bags that I think it's really nice.
I appreciate some input on what people are using pros and cons.
Cheers Aleks
a4135bad5870899fcc9ff1afb89b2741.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I’ve used Kreiga on all my bikes, and highly rate their kit.:thumb

I use Kriega for soft luggage on my bikes.

I use Givi Trekker for hard luggage on my bikes.

Depending which bike I take and what I'm doing with it.

I use a top box large enough to fit a 35 ltr rucksack. Can also fit in waterproofs, etc.

Laptop and work clothes fit in the rucksack and the helmet, gloves, etc go into top box when I get to the office.

Waterproofs are an extra layer over my Rukka if there is torrential rain (stops me dripping water all over the place when I get to my destination. A regular 12 hour ride from Zurich to UK)

1fcb3aeaa856ee032fc685688c19d988.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I use a top box large enough to fit a 35 ltr rucksack. Can also fit in waterproofs, etc.

Laptop and work clothes fit in the rucksack and the helmet, gloves, etc go into top box when I get to the office.

Waterproofs are an extra layer over my Rukka if there is torrential rain (stops me dripping water all over the place when I get to my destination. A regular 12 hour ride from Zurich to UK)

1fcb3aeaa856ee032fc685688c19d988.jpg

Looks massive and practical as well...
I'm not to keen on top boxes though..

:)

Much better than a tail bag

Disagree.

Rigid boxes are more secure if left unattended and many offer somewhere to store your helmet, but most of the time, they remain empty.

Tail bags (I use Kreiga) can be taken with you, so offer a dual purpose.

Plus, you don’t look like a granny off to Sainsbury’s.

Disagree.

Rigid boxes are more secure if left unattended and many offer somewhere to store your helmet, but most of the time, they remain empty.

I agree with you on this...as I'm using my bike almost daily and would like to have the ability to take the bag inside the office or gym.

I agree with you on this...as I'm using my bike almost daily and would like to have the ability to take the bag inside the office or gym.

I take my bag into the gym but leave my helmet in the topbox.

As has been said, leaving the topbox rather than a tail bag doesn’t attract as much attention if the bike is unattended.

Disagree.

I shop in Fortnum and Masons.

I take my bag into the gym but leave my helmet in the topbox.

As has been said, leaving the topbox rather than a tail bag doesn’t attract as much attention if the bike is unattended.

Take the tail bag and there’s no temptation, however, the thief never knows if the top box is empty...

There are positives and negatives with all options - this topic really is down to personal choice. I tour with panniers and no top box. My mates with a top box and rear seat bag, but no panniers.

I shop in Fortnum and Masons

Me too, but I prefer rolling up in my Bentley, not my GS :D

I would only get a top box if my missis would be with me on the bike for long trips.
I don't like the looks of the bike and prefer tail bag :)

Take the tail bag and there’s no temptation, however, the thief never knows if the top box is empty...

There are positives and negatives with all options - this topic really is down to personal choice. I tour with panniers and no top box. My mates with a top box and rear seat bag, but no panniers.

Me too, but I prefer rolling up in my Bentley, not my GS :D

Personal choice, but top box works for me as it gives me the option of carrying other stuff in the top box as well as strapping the rucksack to the seat.

I got a second hand GSA alloy topbox and reduced the height by half and vinyl wrapped it. It’s useful for when I don’t need the full sized topbox.
Alan R

I use the Kriega OS12 on my GS every day as my 'top box'. It fits on the rear rack perfectly and holds it shape and does not need to be tightened up very time you take something out of it.

100% waterproof too.

Edit:
Sorry I have no Idea why the photo is upside down (they are the right way in my album?)

Attachments

• IMG_1539.jpg
    IMG_1539.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 790
Another one for Kreiga but I also use these bags from get geared nothing like the price of well known brands, strap on under the rear rack and unclip in seconds, they have rain covers like most other Cordura bags but I put a dry bag inside. Semi rigid sides and hold their shape. I’m impressed with em for the price

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/held-4538-iconic-evo-tail-pack-black?size=5

My Givi 46l Topbox is pretty much on the GS all the time. At a minimum I keep spare gloves, waterproofs in there and when I get where I'm going the lid, gloves and neck tube go in there. If I have a bag of stuff ie work laptop bag it goes in with me at destination.

I do have a Kriega us-20 which I use for a change of clothes when commuting but would not want to leave the bike parked up with soft luggage and anything remotely important. Soft luggage means I'm either carrying helmet, luggage or both once I'm off the bike. Topbox means carrying nothing most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

470c051a8b22d2f2de92e857619aefb7.jpg
4a7ba80497e43460919212a27344c96c.jpg

I've just bought one of these Wunderlich tail bags off EBay. I like the way it connects under the seat and can be zipper off when not needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use a LOMO dry bag with a roll top, easy to quickly strap down, totally waterproof and also doubles as gym bag etc

Back
Top Bottom