Castellane camping

Reaction score
Anyone recommend from (experience) a good camp site in or near Castellane with decent amenities i.e shitters n shower and possibly bar and eateries on site or very nearby ,will be going in June for a week and plan to ride out daily from the same base :beerjug:

Anyone recommend from (experience) a good camp site in or near Castellane with decent amenities i.e shitters n shower and possibly bar and eateries on site or very nearby ,will be going in June for a week and plan to ride out daily from the same base :beerjug:

Here you go 1157; not been since 2007; but it worked well for us when we explored the area for about 4 days. Hope you can read Frogish.:beerjug:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180128-065942.jpg
    Screenshot_20180128-065942.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 281
  • Screenshot_20180128-065911.jpg
    Screenshot_20180128-065911.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 289
As above. Fantastic site. And there's a little lane that leads to the town from the site that you can walk when drunk :beer:.

http://www.camp-du-verdon.com/en/home-sp1.php

Indeed - we have in the past, rented a house close to that site - and it's pretty good. A good atmosphere and great for sitting watching the European/World Cup matches if you are there at the time.

You can rent a chiller locker (set in banks at various locations around the site), but looks like tent pitches are down near the river. I guess for two folk in one tent - it is pretty cheap for a week, and is 15% off for early booking.

There is also a simpler site - on the right, heading out the village towards the Camp De Verdon site, but don't think it has a pool.

Al

Stayed at La Ferme de Castellane for two nights last September. About a mile or so outside the town, so not really walking distance , but delivery service from town for all your pizzas burgers drinks etc. Beer/drinks also from camp shop. Nice couple run the site, with good facilities.Recommended

Loz

Didn't some Gser's have a camping trip going to Castellane some years ago.....Looked good, maybe someone remembers the posts?

Back
Top Bottom