Dave & Vals Princetown 2018

Dave & Val

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Right then - I have set the day for the long awaited
"Dave & Vals Princetown 2018"
It is over the weekend of 31st August to 2nd September 2018 at the Plume of Feathers Princetown, Dartmoor. http://theplumeoffeathersdartmoor.co.uk/

This is aimed at mainly our Bike riding friends but that said all our friend are welcome to come along (Bikes, Vans, Cars, buses, trucks I don't mind) and enjoy a weekend of banter, food and drink and or a day out in Devon/Cornwall.

A fair bit of Camping available on site at the Plume or wild camping on Dartmoor! Campervans park on hardstanding (not sure if there is any plug in points)
Within Princetown there are Bunkhouses & B&Bs including at the Plume of Feathers - see links below for some. If booking in the Plume please say it is for Dave & Vals Event.

So the plan will be low level over the weekend
Arrive Friday afternoon - settle in, meet up, drink, eat and be happy.
Saturday - Breakfast, Ride-outs (tba), Day out are required on your own, in family groups with mates etc. Saturday night more Banter food and drinks and Bed.. Sunday Breakfast, Coffee/tea, pack up and head home as required.

Below are in the village and a short walk from the Plume.
Fox Tor Cafe - Bunkhouse: http://www.foxtorcafe.com/bunkhouse/
The Prince of Wales Pub:
http://www.princeofwalesbunkhouse.co.uk/
Duchy Guest House;
http://duchyhouse.co.uk/

There are many more places within a few miles of the village check out the web sites

Sounds grand Val.....

Great memories of weekends spent at Princetown, would love to go back but not sure if I can make this one, good to see you posting again Dave & Val :clap :thumby:

Nomad, the cost is for the camping somewhere around £9 pn or free on wild camping Dartmoor National Park! - bunkhouse(different price depennding on what size room you want - sharing is cheaper - 2, 4 or bigher rooms available) or B&B (£90 pn in the plume) what ever you choose to do and of course Petrol, drink & food!! No cost for the even as it is just a gathering of mates for a few beers and rides

Nomad, the cost is for the camping somewhere around £9 pn or free on wild camping Dartmoor National Park! - bunkhouse(different price depennding on what size room you want - sharing is cheaper - 2, 4 or bigher rooms available) or B&B (£90 pn in the plume) what ever you choose to do and of course Petrol, drink & food!! No cost for the even as it is just a gathering of mates for a few beers and rides

ive got to wait until April to book the leave , but i sure fancy it.

Ah, Dave & Val - my long lost relatives. Long time no-see.

Glad to see you resurrecting the Princetown meet. We will be there subject to getting accommodation booked so hope to see you there.

Wow, this takes me back more than a few years. Hi Dave & Val,hope to be able to make this weekend. Would be fantastic to meet up again with all the oldies :rob

Would love to be back there, unfortunately heading off elsewhere on the bikes that weekend.

Blimey, I remember coming to this in 2002 on my one year old R1150GS:rob, still have the bike and would love to come to this but won't know if I am able till much nearer the time, I'll keep an eye on this thread..... Cheers,:beerjug: John B

If any one who’s going has an hour to spare, go to the Church near the prison gate, very very interesting history of the prison, it even held American prisoners of War :thumb2

If any one who’s going has an hour to spare, go to the Church near the prison gate, very very interesting history of the prison, it even held American prisoners of War :thumb2

Yes, lots of them return on coaches to view their ancestral home.

I wore my Princetown 2004 T shirt yesterday. :D

2004, where did the time go...... the rain, the rain.

Date Clash

Hi Dave

Would love to be there but it clashes with The Overland Event up in Oxford.

The dates may work for me, I’ll have a ring round the accommodation later this week :thumb

Back
Top Bottom