Front and rear cameras

otruk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm looking front and rear camera set up which will record to a card and can be left permanently on the bike, preferably hidden, also with mains power and turning on and off with the ignition. Has anyone any experience or views.

Cheers

I’ve got one on the front, can’t remember the make but the model is ride. Great bit of kit, comes on with the ignition, stays on for a bit when you switch off, permanent recording, I have it set to one minute intervals so it’s easier to download what you want to keep, use an iPad to do this on tour. It came from Halfords and was £125, been using it for around 10000 miles, still perfect.

Nortek do one, biker bro, I think it’s called, permanent front and rear cameras, adaptor for the canbus bikes, looks good, various options but all in around £200 , excellent installation pdf and YouTube vid😉

Nortek do one, biker bro, I think it’s called,

I looked at these, and from what I saw of their videos, I wasn't that impressed with the quality, even though they reckon that you can now record at a higher res, (1080 I think). Their 720 vids just didn't seem as good as my, or other 720 vids I've seen.

Appear to be as good as if not better than my GoPro, anyone use one or seen in the flesh?

All fitted, here's a shot from the front camera, but somehow the image is reversed

I know this sounds like a daft question, but is there ANY chance you've fitted the rear camera to the front by mistake, hence the reversal?

Front camera should be the round one, by my understanding!

What resolution is the video, because the front and rear cameras are different, something like 720 front, and lower at the rear, maybe 480.

Just a thought
Regards
Phil

I think you're right. I've fitted the square one to the front, I believe resolution is 1080 and 720. I still think you can't go wrong for £ 35, but that excludes Micro SD card, mine was £ 10 for 32gb

You can, but its going to be a while before I re-thead the cabling under the tank cover panel. I will upload a view from the rear camera though

I also have this setup and will be trying it on my bike shortly. After initial test I also noticed that the "rear" camera was flipped, and I can only put this down to a lot of rear facing cams being configured this way because they feed the video screen that replaces the internal rear view mirror. This gives the reversed image as you'd expect to see in the real mirror if looking backwards. However some cams/vid screens can flip the image back to normal, but this camera setup does not appear to allow that.................or at least I can't find a way to do it.

Bottom line is, just let the vids record (there's obviously two of them), and then if push comes to shove and you need re-facing footage for whatever reason, then flip it in some of the freely available software on't web.

Resolution is 720 (front) and 480 (rear), but for £35, I think it's good enough to do its job.

Looks in the options menu on the recorder some will offer to reverse or rotate the video image dependent on how the camera is mounted.

I also have this setup and will be trying it on my bike shortly. After initial test I also noticed that the "rear" camera was flipped, and I can only put this down to a lot of rear facing cams being configured this way because they feed the video screen that replaces the internal rear view mirror. This gives the reversed image as you'd expect to see in the real mirror if looking backwards. However some cams/vid screens can flip the image back to normal, but this camera setup does not appear to allow that.................or at least I can't find a way to do it.

Bottom line is, just let the vids record (there's obviously two of them), and then if push comes to shove and you need re-facing footage for whatever reason, then flip it in some of the freely available software on't web.

Resolution is 720 (front) and 480 (rear), but for £35, I think it's good enough to do its job.

The same setup is available (for more money) on Amazon. One of the reviews says the cameras cannot be switched from their reversed mode and that the manufacturer is aware of it. I find it difficult to believe that such a simple option is missing from the device, no matter how cheap it is...

Back
Top Bottom