Any local AutoCAD LT users out there?

JohnnyOldBoy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am trying to teach myself AutoCAD LT for a house build project and struggling.

Line creation and trimming takes longer than I expected and I can't work out how to change view scale on the drawing. The YouTube videos I have watched don't match the menus I have on AutoCAD LT 18.

I am near Basingstoke, is there anyone local out there I could meet up with to get some advice, who could show me how to do the basics?

Hi I am an expert but dont know how to help you from here.
If you can do this exercise you will be there.
I could guide you through it via Messenger on whatsapp.
The stock program setup is over complicated and you can customise it to your requirements.

Attachments

• ukgser.jpg
    ukgser.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 115
Don’t worry about scaling, draw everything at full size in model space.

Personally I prefer the 2d traditional layout.

Does your local college do a night school ?

Are you windows or Mac ? as LT varies between them

Thanks for the responses

Pat, I will try your example tonight.

ymfb, good call about the night school and I will try. I am drawing everything in model space at 1:1. I created a drawing and the view exceeds the drawing frame and I can find a way to change the viewport scale.

I used Unigraphics NX for 11 years for solid and surface modelling and expected AutoCAD to be easy

the view exceeds the drawing frame and I can find a way to change the viewport scale.

First choose your paper size, then in paper view adjust your viewport size to suit, click on the viewport then use the ± to adjust the size of your drawing and the hand to move it around.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom