Gladius 650 lowering advice

Chunkstar

Reaction score
My wife passed her test last December.
She is a small lady so most bikes way too tall.
We have the chance of this gladius nice bike but too tall it has lowering kit but that’s not great and man says he took it off due to poor handling.
My question is
Will my wife really know the difference at this stage new biker ?
Or spend £800 at revs racing Halesowen on Wilber shock and reworked forks and set up for wife .
I tempted to do the suspension properly but it makes the gladius not cheap anymore.
Has anyone done this to a bike ie tried the cheap kit then paid more to have it done

Looking forward to any ideas thoughts regarding this dilemma

Why not let her try it b4 spending big bucks on something you may not need.
As you state she might not knew the difference...

She likes those a lot lol so yeah maybe that’s a better idea than older bike and spending on suspension

I wonder if he remembered to pull the forks up through the yokes to even things out? :rolleyes:

This is it I’m still trying to work out 3k on gladius and the 40mm off kit and lower forks
3k plus 800 to get new shock new forks all set up
Or 5k on Honda rebel or 6500 on street twin she likes street twin best out but it’s big not tall but big for 1st bike.
Ps I could ride the street twin but would look like a elephant on the rebel lol gladius in the middle size wise

Let her test ride them all first and she will know what is comfortable for her, I bet she feels easier on the Honda, it really is low, but good fun, for a first bike.

Have a look at a Honda CBR 500r ideal for the shorter rider?

And great reliability..
I was following one up hill on the 700 GS & was a tad supprised at the way it pulled....

It is not easy to test ride a lowered bike.
Some training schools use lowered the Gladius so the handling can’t be that bad.
Having said that, it might be worth considering an ER6 or a Kawasaki Z650 ( lovely light bike) - they can be lowered quite easily and handle very well.

Well wife likes the bike great
Seeing it again tomorrow in daylight as at night can't always see things.
We will go with lowering kit then upgrade to a full suspension rebuild and custom rear shock when she has more confidence.

Back
Top Bottom