XCountry for sale on ebay

Not a single accessory on it...not even a screen!

Engine bars, number plate spray guard, rear rack, front Fender extender.. ;)

Not that it matters as its sold now...

Seems mega money for an eleven year old bike to me. What is so special about it?

Derek

For sale again...

Thought it would of sold first time round & was watching it second time around but it dropped off my watched items. ..
Perhaps just the wrong time of year, not that that would bother me as I bought my latest one just as winter came..
Another thing I spose £3200 is top price, but you ain't going to find one easily..

Seems mega money for an eleven year old bike to me. What is so special about it?

Derek

Good power, reliability, frugal on fuel, sub 150 kilo weight & generally a cracking bike that were made in limited numbers..

Good power, reliability, frugal on fuel, sub 150 kilo weight & generally a cracking bike that were made in limited numbers..

Limited numbers, as in 117 registered in the UK, only 94 left either SORN or taxed. :D

They 'can' be good on fuel, at normal main road speeds or anything remotely spirited and you are looking for fuel after around 80 miles due to the poxy 2 gal fuel tank (cue lots of peeps saying thats fine).

It's not unknown for replacement clocks to be fitted so view low miles with suspicion.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

They 'can' be good on fuel, at normal main road speeds or anything remotely spirited and you are looking for fuel after around 80 miles due to the poxy 2 gal fuel tank (cue lots of peeps saying thats fine).

It's not unknown for replacement clocks to be fitted so view low miles with suspicion.

HPI, MOT history & service history should be carried out to check mileage or do like I did & buy of a Tosser
( but I still did the checks ) ;)

Limited numbers, as in 117 registered in the UK, only 94 left either SORN or taxed. :D

6462 made, 4529 sold in Germany so only left 1933 for the rest if the world..
So they will always be rare...
Doesn't state if that includes the 09 Chinese manufactured XC's, but even if it doesn't they couldn't of made that many.
:aidan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180208-143715.jpg
    Screenshot_20180208-143715.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 224
HPI, MOT history & service history should be carried out to check mileage or do like I did & buy of a Tosser
( but I still did the checks ) ;)
Thats all very well but if the clocks were changed under warranty (as they were on my xcountry) and before the first mot and the service book had been 'lost' nothing would flag up with any of those checks.

As I recall, my example had the clocks changed (Vines) and logged in the service book and the bike had done a further 7 or 8k (I think) when I purchased it. The bike could very easily have passed as a 7 or 8k mile bike.

Phil

Thats all very well but if the clocks were changed under warranty (as they were on my xcountry) and before the first mot and the service book had been 'lost' nothing would flag up with any of those checks.

As I recall, my example had the clocks changed (Vines) and logged in the service book and the bike had done a further 7 or 8k (I think) when I purchased it. The bike could very easily have passed as a 7 or 8k mile bike.

Phil

In that case or any other that has had the clocks changed on a bike that doesn't store the mileage in the bikes computer nobody could be any the wiser, same could be said for any repair / change of parts on any bike.
( if it was not recorded or no receipt present )

I think we are all aware of taking your chances on any used item.

All you can ever do is do the most you can to check any vehicles history / mileage.

You pays your money & takes your chances.

In that case or any other that has had the clocks changed on a bike that doesn't store the mileage in the bikes computer nobody could be any the wiser, same could be said for any repair / change of parts on any bike.
( if it was not recorded or no receipt present )

I think we are all aware of taking our chances on any used item.

All you can ever do is do the most you can to check any vehicles history / mileage.

You pays your money & takes your chances.

I agree with Ash you do your homework on the history of the bike but in the end you take a chance on any used bike

If the clock change is done by a BMW dealer they usually put a note of it in the service book

One of mine had a clock change at 3500 miles and the paperwork with the bike showed the invoice for the new clock also detailing the original mileage and a note in the service book , so it was straightforward just to add the 3500 mies onto the current clock reading to get the total

However a less honest seller may not share this and sell it showing the new lower mileage - a check of the MOT history and mileage record should help identify if that is the case

It wouldn't worry me if it had done 18,000, it is still a good buy at the price. The engines are good for 100,000 easily. Who was it that lifted the head and looked at the barrel after 70,000 odd and found the original honing marks were still present and no wear whatsoever had taken place. People worry too much - my Morini 350, not exactly known for reliability or longevity, covered 187,000 trouble free miles before I sold it. It went on after that to clock up 250,000 and is still going strong and is known in the Riders Club. Change the oil and filters regularly and you are more than half way there.

It wouldn't worry me if it had done 18,000, it is still a good buy at the price. The engines are good for 100,000 easily. Who was it that lifted the head and looked at the barrel after 70,000 odd and found the original honing marks were still present and no wear whatsoever had taken place. People worry too much - my Morini 350, not exactly known for reliability or longevity, covered 187,000 trouble free miles before I sold it. It went on after that to clock up 250,000 and is still going strong and is known in the Riders Club. Change the oil and filters regularly and you are more than half way there.

Yup regular oil changes are a must.
I do filter every other oil change, but I change my oil every 1000 miles unless I'm away on it..
On my boxers I did it every 5000 miles, but I think the little singles work harder, not that I ever frash um..

Back
Top Bottom