All Terrain Rally Challenge

ferrol

Reaction score
The All Terrian Rally Challenge:
Thinking of actually doing this this year, I've never done anything like this before. Each year I see it and think maybe..... but fresh off watching the Dakar I thought I'd have a bash.

The first available looks to be March 18th/19th giving my plenty of time to Prep.

Bike: F650GS Twin

Now the Questions:

1. Anyone else doing this series in the South Yorkshire area?
  2. Hints and tips?

Will be making an effort to get out into the Peaks more and get more experience offroading. I have done the Adventurebikearehouse offroad course with Gary. So am not new to it too much.

One of the things I like is the speed limit of 18mph which for me takes some pressure off for myself. Expectations and what not. So I shall be approaching this as a nice pootle round a 30 mile course.

Thanks all in advanced.

ferrol

Having done all the events over the last few years on a 950 and then more sensibly a 690, get a lighter bike ..... And if you can't get more practice than just a day with Gaz.

Either way, give it ago as you will have a ball - :D

Thanks for the advice, would like to use my bike for off-road more, I know it’s heavy but I like it. Including picking the bloody thing up!!

Just need a ramp now so I can get it in a hire van. Any suggestions?

First Event Wales this weekend, anyone going?

Ended up hiring a trailer that was actually pretty cheap. So will be setting off Friday for a weekend of camping and riding. Weather forcast is of course not brilliant :rolleyes:

Wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom