Butler Maps

We'll be there in April but, sadly, in a car. Zion, Bryce, Lake Powell, Monument Valley and Grand Canyon are our stops, with trips out from each. Then fly to Hawaii for a couple of weeks and back via San Francisco. 1st time in USA for both of us.

Any recommendations?

After Zion and Bryce I'd continue north on 12 to Boulder, then Torrey. From Torrey Rt on 24 to Hanksville, and Rt on 95 to Blanding. Rt 95 is one of my favorite roads in Utah. From there either 191 north to Moab, or 191 south and 163 to Monument Valley.

In Boulder there's a couple places to stay, the Lodge and Circle Cliffs (assuming it's still open) where we've stayed a couple times. It's a homey kind off place where one of their cats may wander in your room if you leave the door open and you won't need to set your alarm because the rooster will take care of that.

From Boulder if you go down the mountain on 12 to Torrey you'll find a lot of places to stay. Or for a more interesting and fun drive take the Burr Trail east out of Boulder to the bottom, turn left over to 24 then left to Torrey.

It can be hit or miss buying spirits in Utah so I always pack a bottle or two.

I hope you can spend at least a few days there because IMO southern Utah is perhaps the most scenic place in the U.S. And it's absolutely a wonderful place to ride dual sport bikes because there are scenic dirt roads all over the place, so plan on returning to ride them next time.

Burr Trail after the pavement ends.

One of many roads/trails south of Moab

Back
Top Bottom