Goretex tear repair.

Barney Redknight

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a tear in the shoulder of my Heine Gericke jacket (see photo's), was hoping not to have to patch it and considering using Aquaseal/Aquasure by McNett's to just glue it as it is only the outer layer.

Anyone self repaired a tear like this before without using a patch.

Be grateful for any advice

Thanks.
Barney.

Attachments

• IMG_20180131_222613157.jpg
    IMG_20180131_222613157.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_20180131_222639433.jpg
    IMG_20180131_222639433.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 540
What goretex is it? If it’s proshell it’s got to go to some professional repairers. If it’s a goretex liner and that’s not damaged you could try darning? As long as whatever method dosent pierce the liner. JJH

Thanks JJH, it's a performance shell jacket but it is only the outerlayer that is frayed. Was thinking of stitchinge it and thn putting a sealant on it like Aquasure or Blackwitch.

Barney

Try 'McNett Tenacious™ Tape'. Highly recommended ,repairs anything...well almost!

Loz

I have had great service from these guys in the past worth giving them a ring
http://lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk

+1 for LSR - I believe they're the only approved repair/alterations guys for BMW clothing. They fitted beltloops and extra Velcro to my 3-Phasen trousers last month - you can't tell the stuff was added, it looks 'factory'. :)

Pete

Thanks for all the replies and advice. I was trying to avoid having to post the jacket as that option was a last resort. I used a sealant normally used for Dive suits called Blackwitch and it formed a waterproof seal and doesn't look too bad either. :clap

Attachments

• jacket repair.jpg
    jacket repair.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 398
Just got my Klim jacket back from LSR.

They called me the morning they received it & the quote was at the lower end of the estimate prior to posting.

Returned within 10 days via Fedex.

The repair is just fantastic, and you would have to know what you were looking for to spot it.

Found LSR via this thread & just wanted to promote such a great company. :thumb2

Hello.
I have used Lancashire Sports Repair too.
For mountain biking and skiing clothing repairs.
They have been amazing every time.
Repairs totally waterproof and almost invisible from the outside.
I was very impressed !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom