Wrapping a 1290 SA-S

stolzy

Reaction score
I've seem a 1290 SA that I like the look of at a good price (£1300 off list), but its in the horrid white/orange livery.

Being a man of taste and discernment, this will obviously not do (I much prefer the black).

What are my options? Change the panels? Wrap the panels?

I've seem a 1290 SA that I like the look of at a good price (£1300 off list), but its in the horrid white/orange livery.

Being a man of taste and discernment, this will obviously not do (I much prefer the black).

I'm guessing a paint job or new panels may well wipe out most of the price differential of the lower price :nenau I don't know much about wrapping....................

In KTM world £1300 off list at this time of year doesn't sounds a 'once in a life time saving', I'd have thought a bit of phoning around would get you a good/similar deal on a black/grey one :nenau

Andres

I'm guessing a paint job or new panels may well wipe out most of the price differential of the lower price :nenau I don't know much about wrapping....................

In KTM world £1300 off list at this time of year doesn't sounds a 'once in a life time saving', I'd have thought a bit of phoning around would get you a good/similar deal on a black/grey one :nenau

Andres
Sage advice.:thumb2

I know Premier Bikes had one black one left when I was in there on Wednesday

Give Darren a call and see what deal he can do you :thumb2

Are you dissing orange and white 1290's .... ???!!!

the best option is to stick with the white and orange, as this is obviously by far the best colour!

Orange and White is da best IMO

Ref the "wrap" I looked into this for the 1050 - the crowd I spoke to wrapped cars, and they didn't like all the angles and curves that the KTM bodywork had.... said it was doable but wanted extra time ( Money) to do it....... it was many £100's.....

Wait, and get a Black one. ( I'm compromised on colour before and always regretted it.....)

I wanted a Strontium Yellow Daytona and a Caspian Blue one came up cheaper..... bought it, regretted it....

Sage advice.:thumb2

Indeed the hippie is on the ball - got my 1290SAS in the correct back colour for nearly £1,800 off list a week ago :)

This was recently posted on Adventure Rider - 1290SAR which had been wrapped.

Stickers on the R are thicker and not lacquered in so will sticks out more than they would on the S.

Indeed the hippie is on the ball - got my 1290SAS in the correct back colour for nearly £1,800 off list a week ago :)

This was recently posted on Adventure Rider - 1290SAR which had been wrapped.

Stickers on the R are thicker and not lacquered in so will sticks out more than they would on the S.

That's horrid! :blast

Assume he's done it for use off-road in the hope when he peels it off it looks like new underneath - don't think that will work if he drops it though.

So, despite the white one being the only one avaialble at that price, turns out that a black/grey one has mysteriously surfaced (and at the same price).

Looks like I shall be joining the ranks of the orange.:hogroast

Back
Top Bottom