Fuel Capacity

My 06 allways gives a fuel warning at 40 miles left.

When this comes on is dependant on my type & journey.

Commuting - round town about 150 miles

Touring - Mway about 180 to 200

whether you get the full 40 miles is anyone guess..

Ive generally got down to 20 miles remaining, why would you want to push it, literally!! its a fecking heavy bike ;)

My 06 allways gives a fuel warning at 40 miles left.

When this comes on is dependant on my type & journey.

Commuting - round town about 150 miles

Touring - Mway about 180 to 200

whether you get the full 40 miles is anyone guess..

Ive generally got down to 20 miles remaining, why would you want to push it, literally!! its a fecking heavy bike ;)

That’s about the same as I get on my 09 GS

The strip design is prone to failure of the sensing track. The sensor is a fine copper track with a thicker heater track alongside all wrapped in plastic. The amount of warming affects resistance so the fuel level can be inferred. Expansion/contraction of the strip cracks the thin copper sensing track.

Fuel usage is also dependent on which mode your driving in my 2015 LC will do around 200 to 220 on a full tank but if your getting the fuel warning light go fill up.

209 miles with 16 left on the countdown 16.95 litres refill but its also done 228 miles on 15.2 litres so results and road conditions vary

2aee7dfa1eb6d1323efcd952712b6920.png

My car has a 35 litre tank but starts screaming blue murder when a bit more than 30 litres have been used. I've never run it dry because I can't put up with all the beeping and flashing terror messages.

But at least it has a reliable and predictable fuel gauge.

Fuel usage is also dependent on which mode your driving in my 2015 LC will do around 200 to 220 on a full tank but if your getting the fuel warning light go fill up.

209 miles with 16 left on the countdown 16.95 litres refill but its also done 228 miles on 15.2 litres so results and road conditions vary

2aee7dfa1eb6d1323efcd952712b6920.png

Slightly irrelevant in the hexhead forum. But thanks for the information.

I think this was already done to my GSA before I bought it 10 years ago as I've always been able to easily put in 34 to 36 litres and on one occasion 37.21 litres.

The plastic tanks also expand with age, making older tanks a real pain to refit to the bike if not near empty.

The plastic tanks also expand with age, making older tanks a real pain to refit to the bike if not near empty.
You say that but I could fit 35+ litres in 10 years ago and can still do the same now, how much do they expand by capacity wise? Not very much in sure.

You say that but I could fit 35+ litres in 10 years ago and can still do the same now, how much do they expand by capacity wise? Not very much in sure.

Brand new gsa in 2009 could hold 36 liters. Didnt keek it long enough to see how much it expanded. JJH

I'm sure mine has grown by a litre but TBH that's next to nothing on a 35 litre tank. (mine always held that).

Some older bikes (Morinis especially) have had real problems with poly tanks expanding to the extent they will no longer fit the bike. The Morini Owner's Club have commissioned a batch of bespoke alloy replacement tanks.

Back
Top Bottom