Shipping bike to Bilbao

Deleted account 200417001

Reaction score
Does anyone know of the cost of shipping a bike to Bilbao?

Thinking about doing that and flying over.

It's a long drag to would take two days otherwise to drive to Pompey and ferry.

Isn't Pompey in Italy? Thats a long detour :blast
I believe there is a company called Overlanders (??) that had a price table on their website that would give you a rough idea..

Give Eurobiketrans a call. They ship to Barcelona.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

In case it's of any use, you can get a fast Condor ferry from Poole to St Malo that takes around 8 hrs including a stop at the Channel Islands then it's about 250 mile ride to Bilbao from there.
I paid £120ish one way for bike plus 2 people in July last year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Granted it's a long way at 350 miles, but that's easily do-able in a day. Boring as hell yes, but if you left at 07:00 you'd easily be there for 16:00, assuming you have an evening (5 ish) sailing? The 24 hour crossing is quite relaxing, the boats are well equipped and with a cabin it's not horrendously expensive if booked early enough.

In case it's of any use, you can get a fast Condor ferry from Poole to St Malo that takes around 8 hrs including a stop at the Channel Islands then it's about 250 mile ride to Bilbao from there.

Well intentioned advice, but not quite right. In a straight line Google says 370m, by road its 862km , so I do not think this is an easy option, but happy for you to visit Guernsey on the way should you wish!

Hi

As a guide, we've just contacted Chas Mortimer, he of TT fame. www.chasmortimer.co.uk

To take two bikes down to Munich in June was £450 one way.

I did this route back in 2013. Avoiding motorways it was 500 plus miles. Did stay in Bergerac for one night which we enjoyed.

Am I reading this and missing out on some short cut. St Malo to Bilbao 250 mile ? Its more than double that.

Bike shuttle from Northampton to Toulouse. You fly and it's there the next day.

Pyrenees can't be more than 50 minutes away

Back
Top Bottom