Motobins GS pattern handlebars ?

airhead_eire

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have any of you tried the pattern R80G/S - R100GS handlebars that Motobins have on their website ? Anyone one if they look exactly the same ? They tell me that these bars are slightly wider than the BMW item but otherwise are similar. However, I'd like for somebody to confirm this from experience before buying them as I'm not too gone on some of the other Tomaselli alternatives out there. Of course, genuine GS 'bars would be lovely but £££ !

Mark.

I have them on my G/S, (but I dont think I got them from 'bins - cant remember where, but they were a tad cheaper when I was looking about 3 years ago) anyway, I cant confirm exactly how much like the G/S bars they actually are as mine were long gone when I got the bike (it had a set of terrible profile Renthal something or others on it), but what I can say is the quality fit and finish is fine, and they do at least look the part.

My gut feel is they are pretty much the same (as I remember from previous bikes) but are probably a couple if inches wider either side than stock. But as I am a lanky, they are good for me. And I think there is enough length at each end if you need to trim.......

Wouldnt have to be too flash to be the best around - some of the stuff from German suppliers is absolute rubbish.
I am currently using bars from a Funduro - close enough that you wouldnt pick them and they may be a easier to find, and a bit cheaper.

The Funduro bars are nice but shallower than the airhead GS type unfortunately.
Solidstate: by any chance would you have a photo of your bars ?

The Funduro bars are nice but shallower than the airhead GS type unfortunately.
Solidstate: by any chance would you have a photo of your bars ?

I also have a Funduro and agree that whilst they would serve, they are not the same profile - somewhat shallower as you say.

I dont have any bar specific pics, just one or two general ones, but A. as I no longer subscribe to this site cant post them on here anyway. B Am confined to barracks at the moment (so cant get to the bike) as I have torn approx 30% of my lower back muscles. And F**k does it hurt, even to breathe.......

I can prob email what I have, if you want to let me have your email address......

EDIT actually if you go to the link below (if it works), post no 211 you will see the very bike in question....and the pictures I would have sent !

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/76310-MonoLever-register-Your-PHOTOS-please/page14

Bear in mind that the bars are on bespoke risers (about 40mm IIRC) and the wide angle lens makes the perspective away from the centre of the picture skewed

A further thought - having done my research at the time, the Tomasellis are as close as you can get to the OEM fitment, without actually buying the OEM fitment. Nothing else was really close enough, so in some senses its a no brainer. Or dig deep and buy OEM!

I also think that the Tomasellis are better quality as well.

Excellent stuff and much appreciated ! I wonder if they are the same as the Motobins item....hmmm.

As I have not had much to do, I had a crawl around on all fours to retrieve the papers/bills for the bike, see if I could find the receipt for the bars (to identify where I got them).

Typically, I found all the other paperwork going back decades but not the one single thing I was looking for :mad:. However, it stirred up some memories. I think I had the same doubts as you so I bought mine from Seibenrock (link below). At the time the euro cost/postage made them about the same or a bit less than Motobins so I went the Seibenrock route as it was a known quantity. The reason I am pretty sure this is what I did is that I found the TUV cert for them, which probably wouldn't have been supplied here in the uK.

Anyway : http://shop.siebenrock.com/Chassis/...BMW-R-65G-S-R-80G-S-R80GS-R-100GS::35717.html

And having just done the math, you can have Motobins no names/maybe Tomasellis at £55.18 delivered, or Seibenrocks known Tomasellis at £55.80 delivered.

Thanks so much for you efforts regarding these 'bars - very much appreciated !

Back
Top Bottom