Rev’it Dominator gtx 2

jj65

Reaction score
I’m thinking of getting a decent laminated goretex pro suit (bought relatively cheap before, but finally decided I should spend on a bit of quality waterproof and vented 4 season). Has anyone here got the Dominator pro gtx or know anyone who has? Is it any good and is it worth the £££ ?

I was thinking of buying the Klim Badlands Pro 18 when it comes out, but I’m nots fan of the sack like fit, I prefer a more tailored cut ;) but for the big £££ outlay, real 4 season is a must have. I’ve looked at the Rukka kit and although it’s good, it ain’t much cop in hot weather and it’s not made for my relatively slim build. Is there any other kit I should maybe consider?

Halvaarsons, good kit at good prices.

Dane Lingby Air trousers, with Sealand or Nimbus jacket would be a very good suit, as would the Revit Poisidon suit.

The Dane trousers are very tailored, and are a bit skinny for my big calf muscles, unfortunately.

D.

I have yet to find truly 4 season gear. I ride all year and sometimes go to southern Europe where you encounter 35C or higher at times.

I have Rukka (cheaper Z liner type) jacket & trousers for winter, spring and autumn. For summer extremes I use a Rukka mesh Airider and add a Richa waterproof jacket over the top if needed. Trousers are BMW Rallye 3, again, very breathable with zip out waterproof layer - this combination worked really well in France last summer. All items were bought as line end items so the total cost was less than a top end, laminated suit plus it will last longer as each garment is not used all year.

I have the Poseidon suit. Was going to change to the Dominator, but couldn't justify the money considering the small differences.

Might be worth trying the Poseidon, unless you have to have the Dominator. It's certainly a well ventilated weatherproof suit.

Good luck.

Thanks for replies so far, it’s not easy really is it, kind of want to test ride expensive kit, to see if it does what they say it does (I believe rukka use to do a scheme in Germany many years ago, where you try it out). I looked at the Poseidon, but ruled it out due to the lack of venting (I know it has 5 vents, but the forearm ones don’t appear to be positioned to do much and it’s only got one rear vent) Dominator has 10 vents. Had a look at the Dane kit at the bike show, but thats not laminated goretex pro, just goretex liner.

I know it virtually impossible to have a real 4 season to cover very hot climates and the airtex kit works best. What I don’t like is kit that gets wet and then stays wet for a long time until it dries out (I had the Rukka allroad in 2008) and having removable goretex liners is a pain with variable weather, got absolutely soaked in Germany, many years ago, having set off in the morning in 30degree sunshine only to ride into a monsoon like thunderstorm, (your not going to try and fit your goretex trouser liner on the side of the road), so kept going until 5 hours later getting to the :camping :blast

Thanks for replies so far, it’s not easy really is it, kind of want to test ride expensive kit, to see if it does what they say it does (I believe rukka use to do a scheme in Germany many years ago, where you try it out). I looked at the Poseidon, but ruled it out due to the lack of venting (I know it has 5 vents, but the forearm ones don’t appear to be positioned to do much and it’s only got one rear vent) Dominator has 10 vents. Had a look at the Dane kit at the bike show, but thats not laminated goretex pro, just goretex liner.

I know it virtually impossible to have a real 4 season to cover very hot climates and the airtex kit works best. What I don’t like is kit that gets wet and then stays wet for a long time until it dries out (I had the Rukka allroad in 2008) and having removable goretex liners is a pain with variable weather, got absolutely soaked in Germany, many years ago, having set off in the morning in 30degree sunshine only to ride into a monsoon like thunderstorm, (your not going to try and fit your goretex trouser liner on the side of the road), so kept going until 5 hours later getting to the :camping :blast

Dane Nimbus, Sealand, Torben & Osted jackets together with Lyngby trousers are all Goretex Proshell 3-layer laminate.
I've been using Dane goretex proshell suit for over 10 years... superb quality, very comfortable touring Europe in a wide range of temperatures. Its never leaked touring through torrential rain. Will be upgrading to Dane Nimbus this year, only due to the fact my present Ansted jacket is too large (due to weight loss).

I have Rev'it and find it a good all round suit, plenty of ventilation and waterproof.

Revit Dominator comes without a liner (extra £130) It does have loads of vents.
Try one on for size before you buy the sizing is a bit snug...

I brought at the NEC show, first purchase was Klim but changed my mind once I got it back home didn't fit or feel right, brought from adventure bike shop who let me change to Rev'it.

held carese jacket lots of vent and a goretex liner that can be put on the outside so it stops the fabric from getting water logged

Interesting, so how does the Revit Dominator GTX feel compared to the Klim.

I would have loved the Klim to fit me but must be my shape, the Rev'it just felt and suited my shape better, it also seemed to me to be more supple and easier to move in, just my view.

I was going to go with Dominator, but couldn't get one to fit right.

Have Klim Kodiak now (completely different cut to the Badlands) and am very pleased with my choice.

Only criticism is that the cut of the trousers is a bit baggy from him to knee - if I was buying again I think I'd pair the jacket with a different pair of Klim trousers to get a better fit.

BTW - I don't believe you can every say that something with as many vents as the Dominator or Kodiak is a 4 season jacket unless you're prepared to shell out for some good heated gear to put under it.

A decent summer fit doesn't allow enough space for loads of layers in the winter and, even if you buy big to allow for it, you'll end up bundled up like a Michelin Man anyway.

Actually I think you can say that the Dominator GTX is a 4 season jacket. I have had a Dominator for a few years and have worn it all year round in all weathers and been warm and dry throughout. It all depends on what you wear under the jacket that makes the difference. Plus no Klim jacket comes with any kind of inner, unless you spend money on something.

Have had a Poseidon for the last 4 yrs or so and done a few miles in it in both hot and cold and wet. It has been good enough for me to 'upgrade' to the Dominator which I am expecting to receive this week.
Expensive? Yes. However I do cover a few miles each year all year round so if it is really a step up from the Poseidon I am going to be v happy as that has done a great job.
None of that probably helps you but I have found them to be great bits of kit with a good fit for my shape.

I bought a Rev it Posidon a few years back, never wore it on the bike and took it back after a couple of days after being compared to Buzz Lightyear...:D

Returned it to the shop (Get Geared) and replaced it with a black Badlands Pro suit which i still use today. Great piece of kit for Winter and summer (although i tend to use a leather jacket in the summer) just need to layer up underneath. It's never leaked or faded and still looks and feels great today..

(btw neither of the images below are of me...):D

Attachments

• gallery2.jpg
    gallery2.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 217
  • 71kyt519XRL._SY550_.jpg
    71kyt519XRL._SY550_.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 216

Back
Top Bottom