Interphone F5MC short battery life ?

Flaming T

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had an old European version a while back that would last all day (8+ hours). Recently bought the new version but for some reason the battery life will only go for circa 3 hours.....:confused:

Do I have a problematic one or does anyone have the same issue?:nenau

Thanks in advance. :beerjug:

Didn't know there were different editions. I've definitely got the F5MC (bought maybe 2 years ago, UK) as a pair. In intercom mode it goes for 8-10 hours of talking to a mate on another bike and as a FM radio for the daily commute I easily get 2 hrs day x 1 week no probs. Sounds like yours might be faulty.

I have a pair bought last month, 8hs listening to music from Nav V, no problem.
Sounds like a faulty battery.
A friend had a problem with one unit in the other set that we ordered together, after two weeks the battery would not take a charge. So they can fail.

Just to update... bench tested it and it went for approx. 4 hours before warning of low battery. Contacted the seller, www.boltbikes.co.uk (fantastic service :clap) who after checking with Interphone, are sending out a new replacement. Lets hope this one doesn't suffer with the same issue. :beerjug:

F5MC battery

Bought a pair of F5MC a couple of years ago from an Italian seller on Amazon, they were the cheapest supplier but the pair was still bloody expensive.
My unit still works OK but the misses one wouldn't charge up - probably my fault due to not charging or using it for about 6 months !
Anyway, I just installed a new battery & now it looks like it's charging up OK.
Right pain getting the tri-point case screws undone, but I know how to do it now...........

Back
Top Bottom