Rox Risers & Cable Re-routing

essjay

Reaction score
I'm in the process of fitting a set of Rox risers onto the GS but it seems the cables are too short. I can probably snip a couple of cable ties to give the clutch cable a little more play but most concerned about the front brake - it looks very tight if I put the bike on opposite lock and afraid I'll do damage.

Did anyone have to re-route the brake cable?

I found the throttle cables was the biggest issue. Had to re route it behind bar clamps. Maybe do same with clutch hose. Take master cylinder off bars and tuck under rather than disconnecting hydraulics. It’s a B to bleed.
Check it’s all ok lock to lock.

I found the throttle cables was the biggest issue. Had to re route it behind bar clamps. Maybe do same with clutch hose. Take master cylinder off bars and tuck under rather than disconnecting hydraulics. It’s a B to bleed.
Check it’s all ok lock to lock.

On my RT just undid that big important nut and very very carefully lowered the heavy stanchion enough to let the line through. Have someone steady the bars

In the end I dropped the right fork tube and ran the cables through the gap. Still a bit of an acute bend on the brake cable but hopefully should be ok

IIRC, mine with Rox anti-vibe risers went between the bar clamps under the bars but above the top yoke.
I don’t like the bars pulled too far back ( too much impact on my spine from road bumps) so the brake hose was ok.
I now have the same risers with much flatter bars. This gives a more comfortable sweep angle (grip pullback angle) with grip height close to standard.

Ive got rox risers on my 2006 Hex,

If i remember i'll have a look tale piccys tommorow ...

Ive got rox risers on my 2006 Hex,

If i remember i'll have a look tale piccys tommorow ...

Any advice on fitting Rox anti vibe risers to an 08 GSA please?. Firstly, you can’t torque the original clamp bolts and then there’s the cable issues!.

don't know about the gsa but on my 09gs all i had to do was disconnect the throttle cable from the twist grip, reroute it under the bars then reconnect. the brake lines and clutch had enough (just) slack to be ok on full lock.

I ran the throttle cable between the handlebars mounts. The 90 degs straw at grip end is above the brake lever.
BUT while I do have ROX anti vibe risers I used lower rise Renthal bar to get the same grip height.

On my RT just undid that big important nut and very very carefully lowered the heavy stanchion enough to let the line through. Have someone steady the bars

I did this too. Fairly easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the Rox Risers help with the vibration? Getting numb fingers after some rides, makes life interesting trying to tap the Sat Nav with a numb finger! :blast

On a Japanese four the Rox risers work better lying backwards. Vibes are vertical.
On the boxer, they work better when closer to vertical - horizontal vibes direction.
On a four cylinder it’s often handy to have up/back risers. But the GS with near vertical risers ends up with ape hanger handlebars. Hence me using relatively low rise Renthals.

Thanks Stu. I’ve had a good read and decided not to fit the Rox risers. I’m not comfortable with risking stretching brake and clutch lines, or re-routing them.

For sale then? If so Let me know pls :thumb

Back
Top Bottom