2-Pin Connector Under Tank

Happyhenry

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m feeling my way around a newly acquired 1150GS and have spotted a light blue two-pin connector on the left hand side under the tank near the steering head.
One pin is earth, the other does not appear to have any power either with ignition on or off.
Am I correct in assuming that this is for the optional power outlet feed? In which case it should run off fuse F3 with the Rider Information Display, which certainly is powered up.
I assume that it must be disconnected elsewhere on the loom to avoid having an open live terminal dangling in the air.
Seems a shame not to use it for a front end socket. Does anyone know what the part number is for the other half of the plug?
Cheers HH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be:-

The Anti-theft connector used when the original OEM alarm is fitted at factory.

The connector fitted to your bike should be part no:-
AMP 3-963471-1
BMW 8 352331

I'm pretty certain that these connectors are manufactured by AMP for BMW so sourcing the plug to fit could be a challenge. The OEM alarm will have that plug.

According to my reference material the two wires going to it are:-
Pin 1 = Blue/Red
Pin 2 = Blue/Black

Which should be Pin 1 goes to left indicator and Pin 2 goes to the Right indicator.

However, There are differences in the wiring looms between different models and years. So you would have to be more specific about year and model.

As MikeO says, picture would be helpful particularly if it shows wire colour coding.

307643083e48c88f28208176faa14c22.jpg

Here you are - the little devil is tucked away so I can't see the wire colours, which would have helped.
I have tested the pins and one is earth (ground) and the other doesn’t seem to carry any power - ignition on or off.
Any clues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom