Zumo 660 to BMW Nav V

Status
Not open for further replies.

thor1340

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I currently have a 660 is it worth upgrading to Nav V?

If you have a BMW with thumbwheel control - I'd say YES

If not - I'd stick with the proven ability of the 660.

Unless, of course - you just want an upgrade. Not too expensive if your 660 is in good condition and sellable.

agree with the comments above - if you have a bike with the thumbwheel controller then definitely upgrade

however - id say even without that wheel its still a worthwhile upgrade.

before i had a GS, i moved from the Garmin 600 to the 590 - which is effectively the change you are making - the 590 (and nav 5) has significantly more 'horsepower' in it in terms of processor power and memory. This means it re-routes quicker.

The 660 is really quite an old bit of tech now

The 660, like the 550 before it, is a great bit of kit.

If you have no use for the iWheel and / or the data about your awesome that the BMW device can display, stick with the 660.

Interesting (or not) when the 660 was launched it had a number of teething problems; all since cured. The problems were though sufficient for end of production line stocks of the 550 to sell at a price higher than the 660 for quite a while.

Thanks Gents, no thumbwheel and to be honest for the amount of time I use a GPS not an issue in the slightest, will keep my pennies for another toy!

Thanks Gents, no thumbwheel and to be honest for the amount of time I use a GPS not an issue in the slightest, will keep my pennies for another toy!

Not a bad decision - The 660 is a great unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom