Packing Cases or.....?

Kamikaze

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've to move house and business and will need to put stuff into storage for a while.
I'd ideally like to stack high in solid boxes / crates or similar, not cardboard.
Anybody got any idea of a cost effective option.
Packing crates at work that are dumped etc? :eek:

Cardboard boxes, must be plenty of retail businesses that pay to get rid of them. Just go to local retail park and see whats at back of the units.

Trying to avoid cardboard. I want to stack them to ceiling height and they'll be there for approximately a year....but thanks for the suggestion.:thumb2

I've to move house and business and will need to put stuff into storage for a while.
I'd ideally like to stack high in solid boxes / crates or similar, not cardboard.
Anybody got any idea of a cost effective option.
Packing crates at work that are dumped etc? :eek:

I sourced some 'totes' a few years ago for a tool hire company... BP petrol stations use them in the UK for their small supplies from warehouses.

How big an item do you need to put in boxes?

Is there an assembly 'factory' near you??

They maybe able to help with box's... We scrap loads of good strong box's where I work , b ut its no where near you...

failing that ...

HERE

or something ? More this size

Those boxes would be way too expensive, even if I was to get 50% back in time.
I did think of making similar but it would be more expensive than I thought.
Tea chests. They were suggested today. I'll contact Barry's tomorrow to see if they do still use them. They'd be perfect.

Jim,
IKEA sell all kinds and sizes of plastic boxes for not a lot. You will need to buy the lids separately.

Any of the motorcycle dealers still get their bikes in crates? I know Harley used to. Not sure how stackable, but they might only need an upright in each corner nailed in, and you could?

Wilko - transparent boxes.

Range of sizes, which stack well. I swear by them and once you are not using the storage facility, they are ideal for garage organisation, or can be stacked one in another for future use, whilst taking up little space.

Are tea chests still available? JJH

No longer used, they were an old favourite back in the 70's, no self respecting nomadic family wasn't complete without a few tea chests in the attic. I was talking with a guy from local tea factory last year and I think the tea is now bulk packed in some format that is too big to manhandle requiring machinery to move.

No longer used, they were an old favourite back in the 70's, no self respecting nomadic family wasn't complete without a few tea chests in the attic. I was talking with a guy from local tea factory last year and I think the tea is now bulk packed in some format that is too big to manhandle requiring machinery to move.

The tea comes to our factory in one tonne sacks.

Back
Top Bottom