Which 1150gsa

astrro

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have just sold my 1200 gsa and am now looking for a 1150 gsa which is the best model/ year to look out for?

Have just sold my 1200 gsa and am now looking for a 1150 gsa which is the best model/ year to look out for?
Don't ask anymore questions just go and buy this one. Quickly, it's not going to be around for long.

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473879

Amazing condition, low mileage, let model and amazing price. (Nothing to do with me)

Don't be put off by all the talk about servo brakes and ABS problems, they can be fixed if need be. Mine has it (made sure it did when I brought it) and had no problems, having the comfort of knowing ABS is there is worth it.

Sent from my SM-T819 using Tapatalk

Don't ask anymore questions just go and buy this one. Quickly, it's not going to be around for long.

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473879

Amazing condition, low mileage, let model and amazing price. (Nothing to do with me)

Don't be put off by all the talk about servo brakes and ABS problems, they can be fixed if need be. Mine has it (made sure it did when I brought it) and had no problems, having the comfort of knowing ABS is there is worth it.

Late model, I ment late model!!!

Just get a 2005 one

Everything was fixed by then

Best of breed

Why the swap from a 1200 Adv though??

Just get a 2005 one

Best of breed

Just fancied a change, after having a 650 Dakar, 800 gs, 1200gs plus the 1200 gsa twin cam, just thought I’d try a 1150 for a couple of years.

As has already been said.......

It's usually a good bet to buy the last of the production run, because all the faults have been ironed out. The trouble is that the R1200 was in development, and so they trialed the ABS servo system and the Twin spark on the last of the R1150 range.

Nevertheless for my money I would choose any post 2003 model, the later the better. Which leads to 2005 Model

Of course it could also mean that they throw all the crap on the last bike. But I think that's a British manufacturing trait of the 70's. :D

My mate has an 1150 GSA which he was talking about selling. I'm not sure of the year but it was a servo one which went wrong so he had the ABS removed.
It is very low mileage for the year but he has kept it outside and not really looked after it so it is scruffy - not really selling this bike am I? :D

Anyway, it's local to you and it may be a decent price. I'll get him to come to the next breakfast meet - once he's been left for dead by a TC and LC it may well be very cheap :D:thumb

Okay thanks Dermot, you don’t know the year do you?

It’s a 2005 with 20K miles on the clock

Okay thanks, I’ll have a look on the 24th

I would go for the earliest GSA. ABS was non servo and reliable. Black engine/gearbox combos don't seem to corrode as much as the silver ones, so worth looking for. Also they were single spark, so no stick coils to worry about.

Not a GSA, but here's mine at 16 years old. Zero corrosion. Ridden over many winter's without resorting to acf50. :)

A question for fatnfast - you clearly have an attendant on call to keep that 16-yr-old chrome in that condition ?
A- Maze - ing, as Mr Revell-Horwood says.

Just get a 2005 one

Best of breed

:rob

Coil sticks on twinspark has never been sorted.....

And will fail eventually.. :(

But always carried a spare stick coil when i had twinspark GS...

But I carry spare Ring Antenna & Fuel pump controller on any GS's After the introduction of the -
1200 / 650 / 700 / 800 variants..

Out of the 5 X 11XX models I had, I preferred my 2002 - 1150GS - single spark - no servo - no ABS..

A question for fatnfast - you clearly have an attendant on call to keep that 16-yr-old chrome in that condition ?
A- Maze - ing, as Mr Revell-Horwood says.

A good friend has his own metal polishing company; he would be appalled at the condition of mine, but I have used him before on my old boxer cup :)
They are as you say chrome plated, so the occasional clean with decent metal polishing does the job. Using stainless steel cleaning chemicals as some do is not a good idea on the chrome finish.
I always use a bike dryer after a wash down as well. No water in the nooks and crannies so no rust or corrosion :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom