Paralever Headlight

Do you have a link for the €20 euro light?

Its plus postage that brings it to €35 odd:rolleyes:

7x5 led high low beam 12V-24V-led-headlamp

Oh dear... I may have selected the wrong one:blast
I had about 20 tabs open in the browser, comparing units, and may have fuck-up. Cant see emark or dot mentioned!

This is the one I thought I bought:mad:
https://7x5-CREE-led-headlight-55W-Max-high-low-beam-with-Angel-Eyes

The search I used is below. It throws up what looks like exactly the same unit, priced anywhere between €20,59 and €528:eek:

7x5+LED+HEADLIGHTS+emark

Stripping stuff down in readiness for when the light unit arrives, I had forgotten what a PITA it is to get at!

At the same time, I have ditched the Keihan headers and obtained a set with a balance pipe.
Also gone is the K&N air filter. This after reading so many times that the standard item is better.

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 331
  • pipes.jpg
    pipes.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 353
Remember you need a headlight that dips left!
A quality +100 Phillips H4 fed a full 12v works as well as you will ever need, but they are expensive.
Eastern Beaver have sensibly priced high quality harnesses, which do the job and give your existing ageing and expensive components a easier life.
'K & N filters work just fine , as does a correctly fitted Kenihan, and balance pipes dont do much on a 2 into 1 system like a GS has.

The light is a no-show:blast

I got an email saying it had been delivered! Reading on, it had been returned to sender.
They wanted another 30 days to get it to me. No thanks, money back please, which they did within the hour:thumb2

Another ordered from the colony, HK. Already on route, they say.

The light unit arrived a couple of days ago.
I went for this light unit as the shell has more flat area for the mount than some others.
The back is aluminium but the lens is a flimsy feeling bit of plastic.
You can deform it with finger pressure. I think I will get a tablet screen protector for it.

I cut the three mounts off an old lamp and drilled mounting holes in them for the screws.
Attached the mounts to the adjuster post and the pivot point on the headlight frame and positioned it on the new lamp, making sure it was all square.
I marked the drilling points with a fine tippex pen and drilled a tapping size hole. (carefully!) in the shell.
I used 3.5 screws, 9.5mm long. I did puncture through the shell, but "only just", which is why I put blobs of polymer adhesive on/around the holes before putting the screws in to keep it all watertight and give a bit of extra hold.
l1.jpg

l2.jpg

Fitted new pivot bushes and attached the frame.
l3.jpg

l4.jpg

I cut the beak/visor off the old unit and glued it onto the new unit.
l5.jpg

Waiting for the jibber to dry now, before reconnecting all the wiring and fitting it into the bike to see if its all aok.

Are you in the UK?

Isn't there something in the latest version of the MOT test about headlights fitted with LED or HID bulbs that would not have been fitted from new?

Well, it all fits. Waiting for darkness.

l8.jpg

That's the dip beam.

Its dark. Main beam is awesome and with good range and focus.
Dip beam is less so:blast

'kin useless. No focus and no cut-off.
The search continues:)

Do these lights dip left/right or just down?

Just down. Here's the vid.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gu8C1CZ8W20" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Instead of all this faffing with ugly led reflectors etc which dont suit the bike (all IMHO of course) wouldn't something like this be more suitable in the stock lamp? (Top right on the listing/page)

http://bamw.co.uk/parts/electrics

MkII. This one works with a good cut-off.

DRL, Dip, Main

Attachments

• drl.jpg
    drl.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 302
  • dip.jpg
    dip.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 293
  • main.jpg
    main.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 296

Back