Paralever Headlight

Looking forward to hearing how they work

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pack of two LED bulbs arrived earlier in tnhe week so about 4 weeks for delivery but might have been quicker had I reminded them of my having paid invoice. Fitted the LED light bulb this evening. Seems solidly built. My headlamp is R/H dip as it was when arrived from germany. No MOT here for bikes so given that I dont ususally ride at night I left it as it was. The LED bulbcan be rotated within itself so I seem to have been able to correct the dip, not sure how legitimate that would be for an MOT test, if its legit then its a whole lpot cheaper than buyin g a new headlampo and can be reverted back to continental dip when touring on the continent. Anyway, I've gone from the pale yellow bulb ( especially when compared to the LED spots I have) I now have something nice and bright with a good sharp cutoff on the dip beam. Reliability will have to be tested over time so I'll keep a spare standard H4 bulb somewhere on the bike just in case. Only issue I wasnt 100% happy with was the inability to refit the rubber weatherproofing behind the bulb. Hopefully the attached videos work.

And high low beam. Well what do folks think of this?
Also pic of the installed LED bulb with its integrated fan.

Attachments

• DSC_0041.jpg
    DSC_0041.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 198

And high low beam. Well what do folks think of this?
Also pic of the installed LED bulb with its integrated fan.
Well it seemed like a lot of work a d fair play to ya I'll wait to see how u like it after using it at night
I got some GS type sside lights which are still in the box just no time to fit them !!!!!

Sure, I'll have to get it out some night and try to video it. Installing was pretty easy, trickiest bit is getting the bulb holder clip to bend around the wider fan unit, but then it just clips in like a bulb. I've ordered a spare rubber dust cover which I will adapt/butcher to do that job. The ballast/transformer part us just cable tied on to the clutch cable clip in the fairing. If my headlamp wasn't rhd one the dip beam would have been perfect. As such the only issue now is durability. I can tell you it a he'll of a lot brighter than the original bulb and shows a white light in daylight.

Sure, I'll have to get it out some night and try to video it. Installing was pretty easy, trickiest bit is getting the bulb holder clip to bend around the wider fan unit, but then it just clips in like a bulb. I've ordered a spare rubber dust cover which I will adapt/butcher to do that job. The ballast/transformer part us just cable tied on to the clutch cable clip in the fairing. If my headlamp wasn't rhd one the dip beam would have been perfect. As such the only issue now is durability. I can tell you it a he'll of a lot brighter than the original bulb and shows a white light in daylight.
Cool we must meet up sometime

Why does it need a ballast/transformer if its an LED?

There is a 7 pin connector between the block and bulb, not sure what exactly the block is but I guess transformer plus some computerised whatsit to control the light. I've seen other box like bits in outdoor Led lights and an LED lenser torch I have doesn't just connect the batteries to the ked without power going through some sort of control circuit.

Attachments

• led44_3.jpg
    led44_3.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 166
not sure what exactly the block is but I guess transformer plus some computerised whatsit to control the light.

Ah.
I was looking at the ADVMonster bulbs and they do an H4 (fanless) with a "controller" They also do one that has it all built into the bulb, though whether or not it fits with the bulb shield in the square headlight, I know not.

Attachments

• advmh4.jpg
    advmh4.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 149
My understanding with the LED bulbs is that many of them do not replicate the positioning of the filament in regular bulb and as such give scattered unfocused light. The one I've posted about seems to give same beam cutoff as regular bulb. That monster bulb doesn't look like it will give a focused dip beam and will blind oncoming traffic.

Turns out the bulb mount can be separated from the LED/fan assembly. Should have been obvious to me at first as it rotates within the mount if you are adjusting bulb orientation (would be useful when riding in countries with opposite Road driving side to the headlamp you have) and has a ball for positive click positions. So then tbe dust shroud can be modified just enough to accommodate the barrel part of the mount. A razor blade does the job of trimming. No need to be butchering the dust shroud to accommodate wthe entire width of the fan unit. None of the wiring interferes with t the bars or is moved by the bars. The rubber shrouds are also found on some old Vw golf/Jetta models under the Hella brand.t

Attachments

• Led sepetated.jpg
    Led sepetated.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 728
  • Led shroud8.jpg
    Led shroud8.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 104

Back
Top Bottom