Paralever Headlight

Redboots

Member well-known
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully managed to improve the shite square headlight of the GS?

I have tried a few things, like fitting a HID and also tried an LED bulb. Yes, it makes it bright, but so scattered its not worth the effort.
It seems the lens is the problem, in that its not suited to either type

Scouring the web, I found Jeep Cherokee XJ LED light units.

Not the same mounting, but as the housing is alloy, I don't think it would be too difficult to chop the mountings of an old light unit I have and fix them to this body.
At about £35 each I think its worth a punt.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• LED.jpg
    LED.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 623
Found one with an "E" mark" whatever that means. €20.
Just have to wait for the slow boat from China now.

I'm surprised that the folk who manufacture the led tail light units haven't tackled this before.

I'm surprised that the folk who manufacture the led tail light units haven't tackled this before.
I love a better front head light and I love the LED rear light keep me posted if you get any good feedback

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Headlight

boxxerparts do a twin headlamp should be better

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 572
That looks great do you have the dimensions

All the 7x5 lights are much the same size, within a mm or two and will fit the aperture.
The depth matters not really. Its more getting the mount, with adjustment, to work.

What's also worth investigating is will it totally blind people??

The Lens / reflector is there to shape the beam so that it is concentrated and "focussed"

So you may well end up with a lot of Full beams on at you and that basically defeats your purpose

Get a 35W HID and that will significantly help whilst remaining mostly legal and using less wattage

What's also worth investigating is will it totally blind people??
The Lens / reflector is there to shape the beam so that it is concentrated and "focussed"

Get a 35W HID

I have a HID in already and because the lens is not designed for it or the arcing bit of the HID is too far into the housing, it scatters the light too much.
I looked for one that has a good cut-off on the dip and is DOT/E stamped so I'm hopeful.

Back
Top Bottom