Yamaha warranty - disappointing response

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
IMG_17341_zpsvc4sf0jg.jpg

So this is my Yamaha YXZ 1000R SS. It was new in 2017.

When it was 10 months old, and still under warranty, the throttle cable snapped. Shit happens but luckily I was only a mile from home.

Since my buggy was built, the cable design has been upgraded twice (referenced from the parts numbers), so I guess that Yamaha know it's a bit of a weak spot.

But despite this, Yamaha have rejected my warranty claim for a £30 part.

According to the dealer, it was because it didn't have it's 500 mile service when due. I reminded the dealer that the buggy was actually their demonstrator when new and, besides, the throttle cable doesn't get a mention in the service schedule.

I find that all pretty disappointing!

So this is my Yamaha YXZ 1000R SS. It was new in 2017.

When it was 10 months old, and still under warranty, the throttle cable snapped. Shit happens but luckily I was only a mile from home.

Since my buggy was built, the cable design has been upgraded twice (referenced from the parts numbers), so I guess that Yamaha know it's a bit of a weak spot.

But despite this, Yamaha have rejected my warranty claim for a £30 part.

According to the dealer, it was because it didn't have it's 500 mile service when due. I reminded the dealer that the buggy was actually their demonstrator when new and, besides, the throttle cable doesn't get a mention in the service schedule.

I find that all pretty disappointing!

The customer is king, their (the dealers) response demonstrates that to them your repeat custom isn't worth £30, take your business else where mate.

I bought a brand new S1000RR when they first came out and two days after collecting it one of the indicators stopped working. I called the dealer to ask them to send me a replacement bulb and was told i’d have to pay for the bulb + postage.

They were obveously not looking at the bigger picture with this.

Was warned the same on my first service on my new t max. Take it over 600 miles before that service and all warranty claims are void

I've already binned the dealer and, pretty much, Yamaha UK, as, despite postage and duty, parts and accessories are cheaper shipped from the US.

You wait until they start on bloc exemption!

I had a 125 Virago, went to the localish dealer - gave them reg / vin - needed oil & air filter

Sorry it's an import, we dont support imports.... didnt seem to impressed, when i pointed out every bike of the marque, had to be fekin imported, otherwise he'd have an empty showroom ..

Anyway after a bit of a further search turns out it was made in Italy .. so EU .... and they provided parts

Never went back there again!

Back
Top Bottom