Springbank Distillery - wee ride in the spring

Northern jock

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After reading Iain Banks book about whisky (Raw Spirit) I have a few places to visit, one being Springbank in Campbeltown. It would make a nice place to go for a wee run, night away with a bit of sampling - and probably a purchase opportunity.

Maybe late April time, weather permitting. Anyone else like a dram? You could make a few days of it depending where you were coming from and which route you took. Camping and plenty else available there

Likely to be in Belgium / France in late April / early May. However, for those who can go, Ardrossan to Campbelltown ferry starts operating 26th April, making a wee circular tour and cruise on the Clyde (estuary) a possibility if you leave it until after then.

Theres a good hostel in the town....

http://www.campbeltownbackpackers.co.uk/

I have a prior engagement....sort of care in the community thing...helping a group of elderly confused disheveled bikers on their trip round Belgium at the end of April.

No fixed date as yet, Melrose 7's mid April and Dent a month later so sometime between them. But I'm sure they will be grateful for you help

NHS care crisis solved at a stroke! (Plus net migration figures down.). What's not to like? :D

If dates work for me, I'd give this some thought.
Been a while since I have had a run around the penisula

I may pop across to Islay for a night as well seeing as how the the road passes the ferry. Pannier space could get critical.

Back
Top Bottom