probably daft nav 5 question

brummy bloke

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As title really ,but forgive me as I'm an elderly luddite. As a chap wots recently had speeding issues, how do I get my nav 5 to display in massive numbers so that I don't fall foul of the fun police or any other police, i've managed to get the speed to display on a quarter of the screen but no more..all contributions appreciated, even sarcy unhelpful ones!:)

There is definitely a way to change it in the settings, but off the top of my head not sure how. I think you can switch between 1, 2, 4 and 16 pieces of data. Try turning the wheel when on that screen, that might be it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a function of the bike. Somehow, mine's only showing tyre pressure. Buggered if I can remember how to do it.

Try this

There is definitely a way to change it in the settings, but off the top of my head not sure how. I think you can switch between 1, 2, 4 and 16 pieces of data. Try turning the wheel when on that screen, that might be it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Engine on start with Map view
Move front of wheel towards Nav
All the bike shows up rotate wheel untill desire setting.
102 mph shown in pic was on German Motorway legally

Attachments

• IMG_3403.JPG
    IMG_3403.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 933
  • IMG_3405.JPG
    IMG_3405.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 930
  • IMG_3406.JPG
    IMG_3406.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 929
  • IMG_3407.JPG
    IMG_3407.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 929
I could be wrong but pretty sure this only works on the GS / GSA. Not an RT

I could be wrong but pretty sure this only works on the GS / GSA. Not an RT

Works on an XR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just remember that the satnav speed showing is real speed, 70mph is 70mph, the BMW clocks are a couple of MPH lower to be safe of radars.

Higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, got it. Interestingly, Speed was not one of the 16 items being displayed on my Nav V. Maximum speed was though... :eek:

Have a Nav 6 and 15 RT and its not possible to get Speedo up on Nav as you are trying to do..
I know it sucks !

OP, have you had a try of the "dashboard" overlays you can use on the map page? There's a reasonable size speed readout on one or two of those, so I have that set as my usual, easy to read, speed display. If you connect your Nav V and phone using the Garmin app, you'll also have speed limit display and the added bonus of your speed readout turning red if you exceed the limit.

Have all that working on the Nav 6 but i think he is looking for something like on the GS and GSA. where he can get a very lagre reading with just Speed read out..

Back
Top Bottom