Zumo 550 Screen Repair

Roberto

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Now Garmin don't support them anymore, can anyone recommend a place to repair a screen on a Zumo 550?

Cheers
Rob :thumby:

Now Garmin don't support them anymore, can anyone recommend a place to repair a screen on a Zumo 550?

Cheers
Rob :thumby:

A good while ago I used these guys to repair the rubber buttons on my 550 unit. One of the buttons had gone completely meaning the device was no longer waterproof, and a replacement case was hideous money. They did a top notch job and were very quick with replies to my questions etc. I would definitely recommend them and they do a range of fixes/repairs for the 550. They are US based which means a longer turnaround time, but worth the wait IMO.

http://www.palmdr.com/cart/garmin-zumo-450-and-550-repair-service-p-141.html

I bought the parts and repaired my own, it's a bit fiddly but easy enough, I think there was a how to on here somewhere,
Cost £11 I think,

The on off button was repaired at the same time, using an inner tube patch, as it would fall out.

If it's just the top surface it's about £11 off eBay for a new one. Might need a little bit of soldering.

Have a search, because I'm sure you used to be able to just buy the whole screen together, which iirc is just a case of refitted and lifting a little connector to slide in the connector and put everything back together. I did a couple a few years ago, and only took about 15- 20 minutes all in.

Thanks all - I'll have a nose around :thumb

Make sure you check what size you need......there are 2 sizes available and although it's only a mm or so, it makes a difference.

It should be printed on the back of the existing screen.

I would also recommend to buy the complete screen with digitizer.

Sent from a U11

Done this myself a whilse ago as suggested screen and digitizer replacement.There is a video on youtube relating how to do it just atad fiddly.

Something like this

Thanks to all.

Something rather odd has happened, whilst looking around through drawers I have found a brand new and unused 550 in a case. Never been used. I'll still repair the old one, but it is a bit less urgent.

I must be losing my marbles :rob

Back
Top Bottom