Question About An Area Between Tarifa & Gibraltar

PhaedrusMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone know if the trails in the region I've circled in red (between town A, Punta Carnero and town B, Pelayo) are accessible a) to the public (or is it a military area), and b) vehicles (motorbikes in particular, obviously)?

Punta Carnero - Pelayo 1.jpg

Punta Carnero - Pelayo 2.jpg

TIA. :thumb2

Mark

You da man Simon! I might create a route through those trails and have an alternative created too, jic. Or maybe a TET section will have materialised by September... :thumb2

You da man Simon! I might create a route through those trails and have an alternative created too, jic. Or maybe a TET section will have materialised by September... :thumb2

Well that's what the Boss has got in mind ... :)

Regs

Sorry I cant help with the tracks, but there is always an above average Guardia Civil presence on that stretch of the N-340, that might give a clue as to it being a bit of sensitive area. Also watch your speed around El Pelayo .

There are lots of fire trails round that area. Don't think they're exactly public but I know folk that use them....

In short. Nobody has any idea real idea but those that are closest to really know think it's a no go.

See what's in front of you when you get there, would be my advice.

Indeed. And sound advice it is. I've created a few potential routes around there - some on trails, some on roads. We'll be grand. :thumb

If we really get stuck, we might just point the bikes west and ride forward. That might work too... :D

Indeed. And sound advice it is. I've created a few potential routes around there - some on trails, some on roads. We'll be grand. :thumb

If we really get stuck, we might just point the bikes west and ride forward. That might work too... :D

Ace! Don't forget to keep me posted about what you find. I've been to tariff but only on the coast road from Algeciras, which I got through as quickly as possible, did the tourist thing and them went and cared at Cape Trafalgar on a sort of pilgrimage, a bit of a let down, note even a spar let alone masts, canon balls or bodies floating on the water ...

Regs

Simon

I see TET Spain was updated, and the region I posted above has been avoided - that tells me enough. :thumb2

We'll likely go with some TET/some BaseCamp DIY/some real-time wing-it. Not interested in riding illegally.

I see TET Spain was updated, and the region I posted above has been avoided - that tells me enough. :thumb2

We'll likely go with some TET/some BaseCamp DIY/some real-time wing-it. Not interested in riding illegally.

Glad that's cleared up! :)

Enjoy

Simon

There are even more Guardia Civil road blocks around now, as Madrid has ordered a massive clampdown on the drug runners operating across the straights. In the last 3 months I’v been stopped half a dozen times or so. The last time I was in Zahara de Atunes which is about 20 miles from Tarifa on the Cadiz side, I have never ever seen a roadblock that far up the coast before. Add to that the patrols looking for illegal immigrants crossing from Morocco and you have a massive police presence. I’v seen 4 drug suspects face down on the ground, with their hands zip tied behind their backs, with rifles pointing at their heads a few times this last 3 months. In fairness that was around La Linea. For some balance it won’t affect your holidays, so enjoy yourself, Summer has finally arrived ☀️:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom