600 w alternator

I have a full moto gadget rewire with the charge light, I don't feel the need to keep it now I have the full emerald Isle system .
I will have another look at the weekend and solder new brushes on.
its driving me nuts at the moment

i did replace the carbon brushes with the none solder type, but I bolted them onto the from of the alternator rather than remove the brush holder, so Io wonder if that has had anything to do with this
after reading snowbum that I should have put them on the back with one insulated

I've fitted the very same 600w alternator and diode board this week to a customers bike. Used the bolt on brushes and all works perfectly.

Diode board needs earthing to the stator from both bottom corners of the diode board.

And you have used the new main feed from the starter motor to the side diode board connection.

I've fitted the very same 600w alternator and diode board this week to a customers bike. Used the bolt on brushes and all works perfectly.

Diode board needs earthing to the stator from both bottom corners of the diode board.

And you have used the new main feed from the starter motor to the side diode board connection.

Thanks matey, yep I have done just that , I’m going to take it all off and have a good look at the wiring,over the weekend

I have no idea were I am going wrong , when i put the holy meter on the red wire that connects to the diode board i get a -12.75 reading the Gen light is still on and not charging
all the wiring around the alternator seems right,the solder joints are all good , the earth is good and the alternator wires to the regulator ect are all new .
I must be missing something but i don't know what ,how do you bypass the gen light ?

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180217_144035.jpg
    MVIMG_20180217_144035.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 222
randomly all this started when I replaced my old starter motor , all the leads are nice and tight as far as I can see everything is well connected .
I'm at a loss with it having trawled snowbums tips i don't seem to be able to find anything

thanks man your a Gentleman , my van is in the garage for some warranty work at the moment, if I don't get to the bottom of it I may take up your kind offer

Looking at the picture the two diode board earths are behind the diode board ? i thought one of them was isolated so they have to be attached to the front of the board mounts (if you know what i mean)...

Of course, i maybe talking bollox ;)

Looking at the picture the two diode board earths are behind the diode board ? i thought one of them was isolated so they have to be attached to the front of the board mounts (if you know what i mean)...

Of course, i maybe talking bollox ;)
I did notice the position of the earths,but
Hopefully they will contact the metal face of the rubber bobbin and contact through the stud/nut.
Definitely worth moving to the front of the board

Thanks chaps I had them on the front and the back ,it made no difference ,also I have steel mounts for the board

Well after much head scratching and swearing, I took the starter motor solenoid off and swapped it with an old one
this solved the issue , it was a brand new valeo copy starter a swap for the last one which lasted 8 months.
hopefully I should be charging very well for the next few years riding

Back
Top Bottom