hunts motorcycles in manchester,anyone traded in a white 2010 gs

fizzer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
prity much made my mind up to buy a white twin cam gs,2010 no abs no nowt in fact just heated grips,and full luggage has anyone on here traded the bike in ,i believe he was a scottsman
cheers ian :thumb

Check the alternator casing. They all fail eventually with corrosion. Low miles bikes tend to suffer more than more often used machinery.

Take off the alternator belt cover and check the paint around screw holes. Look high up as flaking paint isn't unusual. This is not a reflection on the previous owner as these areas are hidden away, but that doesn't stop the paint failing.

aye i know of this bendy ,i have had four gs,over the years ,but thanks for the head up mate:thumb

Check the alternator casing. They all fail eventually with corrosion. Low miles bikes tend to suffer more than more often used machinery.

Take off the alternator belt cover and check the paint around screw holes. Look high up as flaking paint isn't unusual. This is not a reflection on the previous owner as these areas are hidden away, but that doesn't stop the paint failing.

they do not ALL fail ffs, you really are a doom munger,why the feck you have a bmw i dont know after all the design is so bad in all respects according to your constant repetitive musings slagging off every part of the bike the road side side should be littered with broken down corroded pieces of bmw crap motorbikes.

prity much made my mind up to buy a white twin cam gs,2010 no abs no nowt in fact just heated grips,and full luggage has anyone on here traded the bike in ,i believe he was a scottsman
cheers ian :thumb

I've got a 2011 twin cam non ABS, and i love it, some folk are put off because there's no ABS but the the brakes are superb and brake fluid changes are simple, It might have the float, rather than the fuel strip and the breather on the final drive, which is all good, I think. Anyway I've never had anything go wrong with mine. Maybe someone who knows the bike will be along to give you some history. Good luck :thumby:

they do not ALL fail ffs, you really are a doom munger,why the feck you have a bmw i dont know after all the design is so bad in all respects according to your constant repetitive musings slagging off every part of the bike the road side side should be littered with broken down corroded pieces of bmw crap motorbikes.

And, is he REALLY going to start removing the alternator belt cover in the showroom? I don't think so.
If he did, i think he would be hearing words to the effect of, "off you fuck sunshine" :D

Bet it doesn't have a Lithium battery either :D

Only jossing Bendy, you mean well :beerjug: :D

Looks a tidy bike, that looks like a low seat which you might want to change as they are not very comfy.

Fizzer. I just clicked on your link out of curiosity, but got this:

37aa172f19018602a09ef8c1e34e4fcc.jpg

Says it's an Adventure, not straight GS, WITH ABS. Can't be the same bike? But it is alpine white I guess :)

So did you go for it in the end?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Seemed a bit of a high price, to be honest.

Have a look on here, for what bikes of that age went for.

They don’t all fail, but definitely a weak spot, mine is still fine. 2012 TB GSA. I do have a fender extension & Cymarc guard fitted which may have made a difference.

Mind you my R1150GS is still fine after 17 years & 109k, with only a fender extender. Regular application of WD-40 seems to have kept corrosion at bay.

Fizzer. I just clicked on your link out of curiosity, but got this:

37aa172f19018602a09ef8c1e34e4fcc.jpg

Says it's an Adventure, not straight GS, WITH ABS. Can't be the same bike? But it is alpine white I guess :)

So did you go for it in the end?

yes mate i bought it ,going down one day this week to collect it,and yes i do think the price was a tad high ,but on the other hand he has given me a more than fair price for my part ex,so i guess it all swings and roundabouts eh

yes mate i bought it ,going down one day this week to collect it,and yes i do think the price was a tad high ,but on the other hand he has given me a more than fair price for my part ex,so i guess it all swings and roundabouts eh
Good man. Enjoy :)

Im not doom mongering about the OPs potential purchase. Im simply saying to check its hidden paint is ok. Hopefully all will be nice and life will be cuddly.

As for BMW Hexhead R Series - In general they are overpriced, they do rot, the transmissions are fragile and basic parts like handlebar grips are extortionately costly.

Back
Top Bottom