'System'? 6

HPNer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had my System 6 for quite a while, only ever use if for continental sorties with Mrs HPNer on the back.
Never much liked the helmet, but for a flip front it does have its moments, far prefer my Arais.
Anyway, I thought seeing as it isn't used often, I thought Id take the chin bar off and convert it to a Jet helmet.
Couldn't for the life of me see how this was done, nothing on youtube etc, so rang the dealer:

The chinbar does not come off a system 6 I was told!

They have a bloody nerve calling it a 'system'.

Presumably with so many pissed off 6 users, they decided to bring the function back on the 7

:rob

one one minute there i thought you were going to saw it off with a hacksaw !

I was in Riders yesterday picking up my new system 7. I guess you must be the guy who they said asked how to take the chin bar off a system 6 :blast Not sure how you could have bought one without knowing that you couldn't - didn't you read the err.. manual? :jager

At the time I didn't need it to come off as I had a perfectly respectable Davida. When it came to taking it off nine years later (the Davida now u/s), I assumed the bloody thing was similar to the System 5 I used in South Africa years before, which had a removable chin-bar. Never read a fecking manual for a helmet in my life . . .!
As a flip top, I never much liked it, restricted vision, visor never stays open, dodgy anti-mist, no double D etc etc . . .I now dislike it even more . . . Only use it when I need to communicate with Mrs HPNer on the piss poor BMW (ex-)Communication System that won't talk to my Sena . . .
Otherwise I'll stick with my ancient old Arai Tourcross

What size is this helmet? JJH

its a 58, but not for sale as its got the BMW communication system in which lets me talk to my wife, so have to use it on our continental trips.

I was in Riders yesterday picking up my new system 7. I guess you must be the guy who they said asked how to take the chin bar off a system 6 :blast Not sure how you could have bought one without knowing that you couldn't - didn't you read the err.. manual? :jager

How about reviewing the system7 ?

Back
Top Bottom