Higher seat

gspod

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

I’ve just bought a 2011 triple black (not gsa) and would like to raise the seat height. I shall probably pop it up to Tony Archer to put in thicker padding, which I have on my 1100 - but I also raised the actual seat up an inch or so using spacers. I haven’t picked the bike up yet so just wondering if this is possible.

Many thanks

The seat has 2 adjustable bars underneath for different heights, check its not in the lower setting for a start.I actually use mine higher at the front and lower at the back I'm 6'4" tall, I'm surprised you need it any higher:confused:

The seat has 2 adjustable bars underneath for different heights, check its not in the lower setting for a start.I actually use mine higher at the front and lower at the back I'm 6'4" tall, I'm surprised you need it any higher:confused:

I will put it higher at the front - thanks. I have long legs and am used to a tall seat, as stated my current 1100’s seat is raised by around 2-3” with lower foot pegs. This has been very comfy for me over the years and I’d like it to continue so grateful for any knowledge :beerjug:

The Adventure seat is taller than the GS seat. However you will be better to get the seat reupholstered to suit your needs or get a second seat and have that done so the bike can be standard for when you want to sell.

The Adventure seat is taller than the GS seat. However you will be better to get the seat reupholstered to suit your needs or get a second seat and have that done so the bike can be standard for when you want to sell.

Thanks - so I assume then that the adventure seat has just got thicker padding rather than some kind of higher attachment mechanism?

I’ll take a look on AdvRider to see if someone’s come up with a lifting mechanism and pop the seat up to Tony Archer :thumb2

Thanks - so I assume then that the adventure seat has just got thicker padding rather than some kind of higher attachment mechanism?

I’ll take a look on AdvRider to see if someone’s come up with a lifting mechanism and pop the seat up to Tony Archer :thumb2

CHeck out Cymark (Mark Hooton) for seat adjusters - I was going to call them eccentrics until I realised that could also be applied to most on this site.................

I think so. It's "just" padding.

The Adv seat pan looks the same as the GS seat pan. However the additional padding, while taller is also quite narrow (and therefore uncomfortable). On the up-side, it does cover a lump at the back of the seat pan that's strategically placed to bounce on your coccyx.

Talking to someone like Tony Archer is the way to go. I'm a short-arse so went for a GS height Kahedo/Touratech seat which works well for me though they do have taller options. The GSA height version is more comfortable but I can't reach the floor so an academic benefit TBH. Price new = £Dont Ask.

How Kahedo/TT dealt with the GS height lumpy seat pan I don't know, but there are no issues on mine and the pan underneath looks OEM.

Back
Top Bottom