Denali SPLIT Sound Bomb - anybody fitted one? GS/GSA.

developer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone say where they have fitted the horn component please?

The compressor fits between the front forks using the bespoke bracket supplied, but I'm struggling to find a suitable location for the horn.

Photos would be great :thumb.

RiderCam TV have done a useful install video for the SoundBomb Compact but not the Split.

Thanks.

I fitted the horn between the fork legs and fitted compressor in the gap between l/h fork leg and frame that holds front panels. I made a bracket with a kink in it and secured it to indicator bolt. I did post a couple of pictures. Try searching Denali Soundbomb.
Allan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just found the post. Search “Hex ezcan and the horn”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pictures fitted...

Fitting to a 2017 GSA (Triple Black)

I fitted the nautilus part on a home made extension bracket from the original horns mounting bracket.
The compressor I mounted on the opposite side. It is slung on a heavy duty cable tie as pictured
I ran the compressor hose across the underside of the mudguard, fixed with small cable ties.

It is connected via a Hex EZ Can with the original feed wires blanked off

See Photos... which for some reason are upside down!? Sorry

I’ll answer any questions I can.

Attachments

• 80134193-F757-41D0-B59F-E78854EDEE5F.jpg
    80134193-F757-41D0-B59F-E78854EDEE5F.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 698
  • CED24A1C-B462-432D-BBE7-FE951E22A8F9.jpg
    CED24A1C-B462-432D-BBE7-FE951E22A8F9.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 674
  • 53DCF208-6819-4581-95FA-9269361FFEE4.jpg
    53DCF208-6819-4581-95FA-9269361FFEE4.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 695
Last edited:
I have the soundbomb (not the split one) and it fits in place of the OEM using a short extension arm and a couple of zip ties... hmmm, sorry the picture is upside down but you get the point.:beerjug:

Attachments

• A122D836-B830-49D2-91E5-01ACA716F53F.jpg
    A122D836-B830-49D2-91E5-01ACA716F53F.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 672
I have the soundbomb (not the split one) and it fits in place of the OEM using a short extension arm and a couple of zip ties... hmmm, sorry the picture is upside down but you get the point.:beerjug:

Denali do a bracket for the original soundbomb. The unit sits behind the forks, though I found it needed set back a bit. Very easy to fit and very easy to thread the wires through. Use with the canbus socket off the original horn. Not sure why people are fitting the split version, though appreciate that it does offer an element of derisking by not having the unit so close the forks (can't see it working loose over time, however, opposite in fact). Wondering whether its because NN doesn't appear to sell it (though, oddly, does sell the bracket).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D4SwGkYkrQ

Denali do a bracket for the original soundbomb. The unit sits behind the forks, though I found it needed set back a bit. Very easy to fit and very easy to thread the wires through. Use with the canbus socket off the original horn. Not sure why people are fitting the split version, though appreciate that it does offer an element of derisking by not having the unit so close the forks (can't see it working loose over time, however, opposite in fact). Wondering whether its because NN doesn't appear to sell it (though, oddly, does sell the bracket).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D4SwGkYkrQ

Mine is wired to the Hex EZcan. Originally I tried using the brackets but realised that with the ESA suspension, couldn’t get it to fit. Works a treat where it is.

Mine is wired to the Hex EZcan. Originally I tried using the brackets but realised that with the ESA suspension, couldn’t get it to fit. Works a treat where it is.

I wonder if we're talking about the same thing. The soundbomb sits behind the front forks, using the denali bracket, that's it really?

I wonder if we're talking about the same thing. The soundbomb sits behind the front forks, using the denali bracket, that's it really?

Yes... we are. just saying that with the brackets that I got (described as being ones that will fit where you are saying) did not fit..! :nenau :beerjug:

Ok, having spent a fair time and effort trying to find a suitable location for the horn element and having failed, I've sent the split unit back to be swapped with a Compact, which I hope will fit between the forks using the bespoke bracket I've got - some say it will, some say it won't.

If you're interested enough, have a look at what this guy removes to gain access :eek::eek::eek: - not my idea of easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoXhvIli7q0

Thanks for all the inputs :thumb

Ok, having spent a fair time and effort trying to find a suitable location for the horn element and having failed, I've sent the split unit back to be swapped with a Compact, which I hope will fit between the forks using the bespoke bracket I've got - some say it will, some say it won't.

If you're interested enough, have a look at what this guy removes to gain access :eek::eek::eek: - not my idea of easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoXhvIli7q0

Thanks for all the inputs :thumb

Seen that vid when I was deciding on the split vs compact, and thought the same!

If you've got the denali designed (single) bracket for the original sb/compact it will mot definitely, 100% fit :) As said, you will probably find that you have to tilt the sb back about 15 deg to give you confidence that your forks won't catch it. Use some locktite plus the recommended torque, not going anywhere.

I use a thin plastic tube to help with threading the wires, the route for which seems to be the same way as the ridercam tv vid. I even ziptied the power cord from the sb onto the brake cable below, just the same. The only difference is that I ziptied the cable along the underneath of the tank to another cable that's there, rather than tieing to the frame. I removed the right hand plastic and metal fairing trim to get easy access to the original horn, to take the can bus feed. Took me 3 hours, very much taking my time, could probably do again in an hour. You won't have any problems!

Seen that vid when I was deciding on the split vs compact, and thought the same!

If you've got the denali designed (single) bracket for the original sb/compact it will mot definitely, 100% fit :) As said, you will probably find that you have to tilt the sb back about 15 deg to give you confidence that your forks won't catch it. Use some locktite plus the recommended torque, not going anywhere.

I use a thin plastic tube to help with threading the wires, the route for which seems to be the same way as the ridercam tv vid. I even ziptied the power cord from the sb onto the brake cable below, just the same. The only difference is that I ziptied the cable along the underneath of the tank to another cable that's there, rather than tieing to the frame. I removed the right hand plastic and metal fairing trim to get easy access to the original horn, to take the can bus feed. Took me 3 hours, very much taking my time, could probably do again in an hour. You won't have any problems!

Great, thanks :thumb.

When you say brackets (plural) can you be more specific please? Was it this?

http://www.nippynormans.com/hp2-and...200gs-lc-2013-on-2017-on-adventure-lc-2014-on

No not that one but appreciate that I got my FIAMM version a while back and when bought was sold a bracket that stated it would fit between the forks. With the ESA there, it wouldn’t.
Happy with where mine is though. Even worse, it was originally sold with a bracket to fit the horn down low to the right side in front of the crash bars.... looked crap there.

No not that one but appreciate that I got my FIAMM version a while back and when bought was sold a bracket that stated it would fit between the forks. With the ESA there, it wouldn’t.
Happy with where mine is though. Even worse, it was originally sold with a bracket to fit the horn down low to the right side in front of the crash bars.... looked crap there.

Feck taking all that off, you can remove most of the side panels off the front right side and then fish a solid wire under the tank in the square trunking as you can see around the 17:30 mark.Just carefully use a screwdriver to undo the clips on the lid to make it easier to make a path through next to the loom wiring.

Ok, here's my experience based advice regarding the fitment of a Denali Sound Bomb SPLIT...

Don't bother, it's loads of faff and there's nowhere easy to locate the horn :blagblah - just go for the COMPACT with the bespoke bracket :beerjug:

Ok, here's my experience based advice regarding the fitment of a Denali Sound Bomb SPLIT...

Don't bother, it's loads of faff and there's nowhere easy to locate the horn part :blagblah - just go for the COMPACT with the bespoke bracket :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom