nav 6 dead

Yogibear69

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Some help please, had my nav 6 and think it may have died. Have been out today (a bit cold 2 degrees) and nave was fine. stopped for a cuppa and now nav does not come on. have taken out and tried button and also tried connecting to pc but nothing at all on screen. any ideas or should i just take back?

I had a frozen issue after leaving uni charged for a couple of months . I connected to garmin express. Updated all the software , left it to charge .....worked great

Some help please, had my nav 6 and think it may have died. Have been out today (a bit cold 2 degrees) and nave was fine. stopped for a cuppa and now nav does not come on. have taken out and tried button and also tried connecting to pc but nothing at all on screen. any ideas or should i just take back?

Just charge it up on the mains, maybe when you went out battery was low and it did not have time to charge up, and then it went into sleep mode, and you thought it was off, just a thought, also pop the battery out for a few seconds before recharging, this normally fixes a few things, just like smartphones.

Had a problem with mine dropping maps. suggesting lots of different street etc., and finally going to a white screen with lines and 'touch dot'.

Contacted Garmin and they have been great. They are taking it back and exchanging it after a couple of reboots etc.

Just charge it up on the mains, maybe when you went out battery was low and it did not have time to charge up, and then it went into sleep mode, and you thought it was off, just a thought, also pop the battery out for a few seconds before recharging, this normally fixes a few things, just like smartphones.

+1 on this option. My Nav6 went to sleep after a short stop on a spin not too long ago. No amount of remounting into the cradle or switching the bike's ignition on and off would help. Back home I popped it on charge with a wall charger and it eventually switched back on and seemed fine.

Yesterday same thing happened - unit just went blank and wouldn't turn on. This time I opened up the battery compartment, unplugged the battery terminal and reseated it again. Screwed everything back together and when I hit the power button it came to life ans was showing as fully charged.

So disconnect and reconnect the battery and see if you get the same result. Fingers crossed it works for you as well....:thumb2

thanks all, plugged it to the mains and seems ok now. will see how it goes but if it goes again will take it back to the dealer and see what they say before taking it apart

If you get further issues, ring Garmin.

They arranged the replacement of mine

Back
Top Bottom