Mudsling or RS Motorcycles Splash Guard?

Yep some get lucky, that is why I thought pay a little more for quality plastic, with the hot summers the plastic will surely go out of shape if not thick enough.
It’s plenty thick enough it just totally mis-aligned and doesn’t pass between the tyre and the swing arm. Can’t see anyway of it clearing the swing arm without copping lots off it !!

It’s plenty thick enough it just totally mis-aligned and doesn’t pass between the tyre and the swing arm. Can’t see anyway of it clearing the swing arm without copping lots off it !!

That sucks looks like you will end up with a cheap splashguard then, if you chop enough off

Hi all,

I’m perusing the web for farkles for my LC that I’m collecting on Tuesday..

I am seeing a lot of posts relating to Mudsling and alternatives for protecting the rear shock and the riders legs. So having delved a little deeper I have narrowed it down to the Mudsling and the RS Motorcycles Splash Guard.

Is there any benefit of one over the other?

Any recommendations also for infills for the remaining parts of the frame, purpose designed to fit but without costing the Earth!!

Thanks in advance..

Hallstar

https://www.rs-motorcyclesolutions.com/splash-guard-bmw-r1200gs-lc-adventure/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fitted the RS / Isotta spalsh guard a couple of years ago and to be honest I'm disappointed with its performance. It is well made, fits nicely etc. but it doesn't prevent road grot from getting onto the back of your legs. I think it is better than nothing (ie BMWs standard mudguard) but it could be better.

I fitted the RS / Isotta spalsh guard a couple of years ago and to be honest I'm disappointed with its performance. It is well made, fits nicely etc. but it doesn't prevent road grot from getting onto the back of your legs. I think it is better than nothing (ie BMWs standard mudguard) but it could be better.

I just installed that also, it is well made, but have decided like yourself, a little is better than nothing.

Back
Top Bottom