In the market for one....

I know you don't like the H-D idea but an older Sportster Hugger was pretty low I'm sure and not too expensive.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will let her know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhysioJo of this parish has the G650GS, single cylinder. It is not too tall and a blast. Is it too tall for your other half? You will need to find a second hand one and there are not many. If you have already excluded OK.

Path. http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/bike/enduro/g650gs/g650gs_overview.html

Seat height, unladen weight 800 mm (with motorcycles accessories or –equipment variable heights available between 770 mm and 840 mm)

I know you don't like the H-D idea but an older Sportster Hugger was pretty low I'm sure and not too expensive.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will let her know. However we have trued a Kawasaki. Vulcan last weekend and she simply couldn’t reach the pegs let alone controls. Dealer said that even if she went and ordered a kit to pull pegs back, she still would be struggling to operate levers.

PhysioJo of this parish has the G650GS, single cylinder. It is not too tall and a blast. Is it too tall for your other half? You will need to find a second hand one and there are not many. If you have already excluded OK.

Path. http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/bike/enduro/g650gs/g650gs_overview.html

Seat height, unladen weight 800 mm (with motorcycles accessories or –equipment variable heights available between 770 mm and 840 mm)

We have tried this bike last weekend, it was a no go as she couldn’t even get it off the side stand. I believe it is same, maybe similar bike you referring to.
https://approvedused.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/UK/detail.cshtml?on=382143

Thank you for the suggestion, I will let her know. However we have trued a Kawasaki. Vulcan last weekend and she simply couldn’t reach the pegs let alone controls. Dealer said that even if she went and ordered a kit to pull pegs back, she still would be struggling to operate levers.

H-D XLH883 seat height is 25.8" or 655mm.

That's low.

My '95 FXSTC must be about that height too.

What about a Honda NC750S you can get lowering kits for £50 which lower the bike 40mm.

Well, after many failed attempts to find something else today, we have put down a deposit on a Low chassis R Nine T Pure. She is over the moon with the result. Got a good deal (all included in the asking price) on it too, with annual oil service to be carried out prior to collection, set of aluminium head protectors, a -1% apr and a -£250 of the asking price. Result. Signing paperwork on Monday and picking the bike up next Saturday. Can’t wait to see her have some fun of her own.

Thank you all who have come up with the suggestions and advice, all of which had been put up to her, however she was the one to make an ultimate choice at the end.

Just make sure you get engine bars and shaft drive protection :thumb

Just make sure you get engine bars and shaft drive protection :thumb

We got cylinder head protection with the bike. Which shaft drive protection would you suggest?

Was about to suggest a Vulcan S but I see you are already sorted . With cylinder head protection or ebgine bars the 9T is probably are good bet as she can just drop it down on to the cylinders if she needs 'loses' it at a standstill , unlike some of the other bikes mentioned. Happy new bike :thumb2

Was about to suggest a Vulcan S but I see you are already sorted . With cylinder head protection or ebgine bars the 9T is probably are good bet as she can just drop it down on to the cylinders if she needs 'loses' it at a standstill , unlike some of the other bikes mentioned. Happy new bike :thumb2

Thank You Rushy,

We tried Vulcan S and it was great fir reaching ground but was utter pants fir reaching orgs and foot controls, 4”-5” to short in the leg she is for that bike.
Aluminium cylinder head protectors got thrown in as part of the deal and I insisted on aluminium over plastic so that if she does end up dropping it, these can then be painted/powder coated to hide any previous damage.

Thank You Rushy,

We tried Vulcan S and it was great fir reaching ground but was utter pants fir reaching orgs and foot controls, 4”-5” to short in the leg she is for that bike.
Aluminium cylinder head protectors got thrown in as part of the deal and I insisted on aluminium over plastic so that if she does end up dropping it, these can then be painted/powder coated to hide any previous damage.

Good to hear it's all sorted; but did you consider this option.:D:beerjug:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180218-094620.jpg
    Screenshot_20180218-094620.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 193
Good to here it's all sorted; but did you consider this option.

Those should come a free t-shirt saying “if you don’t behave, I’ll kick your teeth in”

I bought her nice Daytone Lady Star GTX boots last year that give her an extra 1” or so in height. She’s happy with those.

Glad she is sorted and 'health to ride' as our green cousins say :aidan

As per my other post, don't forget the other ergonomics, aftermarket levers and short brake/gear improve confidence no end.

Very exciting.
Let us see some pics when she gets the bike

This is the picture I took of her and the bike straight after test ride last Sunday.
More to follow.... watch this space.
7030a50aa75ad718609d888f9ee26387.jpg

Glad she is sorted and 'health to ride' as our green cousins say :aidan

As per my other post, don't forget the other ergonomics, aftermarket levers and short brake/gear improve confidence no end.

Any suggestions which levers to get?

It's been a while since I converted Jaqs bike so I've no idea what we used, but I'm sure you'll find adjustable levers out there for the R nine T. What I do recall is there wasn't much to choose between the cheapest and more expensive.

Thanks for showing the photo. Looks like she is very happy with it.

I have adjustable Pazzo levers on my R Nine T
Also thinking of fitting some bar risers, as I think it will make it a bit more comfortable for my short arms

This is the picture I took of her and the bike straight after test ride last Sunday.
More to follow.... watch this space.
7030a50aa75ad718609d888f9ee26387.jpg

Looks absolutely perfect for her! I can't really think why so many tried to talk you out of it to be honest, but going through the market as you now have will at least help you should you ever have any reason to wonder about your choice. Ride safe and enjoy it!

Back
Top Bottom