Newby for Eire

Flyingdutchman

Reaction score
Hi all, just bought my first GS Adventure. English bike, '09 registration with 47k miles. I bought the bike of a dealer in Macclesfield and I would not be surprised if the original owner is on here :)

And yes it has the ESA option fitted and yes I am wondering if I should start advertising one of the kids to help pay for suspension refurb or replacement.

Only took possession of the bike a week ago and was out on it once for an hour and everything felt fine although I have no reference. Snow and ice have stopped me from being out more. I'll be on the bike on my own 99.9% of the time as her indoors prefers 4 wheels. My bank account definitely would like to see the shock(s) last another little while.

Some brilliant info on here for noobs like myself so thanks for that.

I would be keen to find out how many on here are still on their original suspension with ESA with a similar mileage. My bike came with a full service history but there are no invoices or receipts so will have a full service and check over done next week sometime.

Cheers!

Welcome to the madhouse Flyingdutchman
Enjoy and use the forum, no doubt with an eye on the "home" section for you.
Re. the ESA it appears to work until it doesn't, so lets hope it continues to hold out - perhaps its already been replaced?
Regards.
Brian

Welcome. If you regularly adjust the shock it should keep that side of things working. If it looses its damping there are companies that can fix them. There other companies that will tell no sealed for life ect. Simply means that they haven’t the nessessary tools or experience to do them. JJH

Back
Top Bottom